iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone5S and iPad Air both Warmed up as soon as they were started up, Loosing about 1% a minute in general use on iPhone, video use dropped life to about 40 minutes on the Air.

I lived with it for 3 days thinking that it will calm down, but to no luck.

I rolled back to 8.4 on both devices and battery life has returned to normal, giving me a full day on the iPhone, and 5+ hours on the iPad using video.

I think I'll wait until after the full version is available, and I might even wait until after then, this Public Beta lark has given me a bad taste, and Im not trusting the quick turnaround on betas to get the features out, feature which I do not necessarily need (straight away), although music was certainly better in the beta than in 8.4.

I've been told that the devices do not warm up so much if Location Services is turned off completely - there is still a moderate power drain over the stable version.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks will download when I get off work so I can use my WiFi at the house. Will post how I like it after I try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
My iPhone5S and iPad Air both Warmed up as soon as they were started up, Loosing about 1% a minute in general use on iPhone, video use dropped life to about 40 minutes on the Air.

I lived with it for 3 days thinking that it will calm down, but to no luck.

I rolled back to 8.4 on both devices and battery life has returned to normal, giving me a full day on the iPhone, and 5+ hours on the iPad using video.

I think I'll wait until after the full version is available, and I might even wait until after then, this Public Beta lark has given me a bad taste, and Im not trusting the quick turnaround on betas to get the features out, feature which I do not necessarily need (straight away), although music was certainly better in the beta than in 8.4.

I've been told that the devices do not warm up so much if Location Services is turned off completely - there is still a moderate power drain over the stable version.

My 6 got much warmer the first couple days as well, but got better. It also gets warmer, faster when I use it outside on hot days than before, but it's nothing that's super concerning. Never gets hot, just warm.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The install tool some time but it went smoothly. The only complaints I have are about some transitions that are lagging and the fact that Podcasts, iBooks, find my iPhone and find my friends are built in. I never liked the fact that Apple started adding those apps to the OS in iOS 8.

anon(8708013)

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the native Podcasts app yet? Does it search iTunes yet? Also how's Bluetooth in here. On PB2 the connection to my headset would drop the minute I went out of line of sight from the phone. That was a deal breaker for me and I had to go back to 8.4.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Has anyone looked at the native Podcasts app yet? Does it search iTunes yet? Also how's Bluetooth in here. On PB2 the connection to my headset would drop the minute I went out of line of sight from the phone. That was a deal breaker for me and I had to go back to 8.4.

I haven't had any problems with the Podcast App searching iTunes. I don't use Bluetooth headphones, but do listen through my soundbar. Haven't had any issues with it yet.

btebeau

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

I have had bluetooth issues that I never had on 8.4. Keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes, with a speaker a few feet away. Reported it, hopefully they fix it.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Got it downloaded. Everything went real smooth. Didn't have any problems downloading or installing it. So far I really like it. Seems to be working just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(8708013)

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the Podcast App searching iTunes. I don't use Bluetooth headphones, but do listen through my soundbar. Haven't had any issues with it yet.

I have had bluetooth issues that I never had on 8.4. Keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes, with a speaker a few feet away. Reported it, hopefully they fix it.

Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll be sticking with 8.4 until 9.0's release in September. I love betas and all but I need a functional phone.

Last edited:

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you think Apple will give us the option to disable entirely that leftmost search screen? I, personally, do not see the point in needing two ways to access spotlight. The swipe down gesture is enough in my opinion. Honestly, I don't use spotlight search at all, ever. In fact, I have every searchable unchecked in the settings.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Profound.

So, no, you don't think they'll provide an option?

The option to disable or not is irrelevant if one just doesn't use it. It's still there - so what? Don't use it... It's like the Stocks app - I don't use it. I'm not advocating Apple allow me to delete it... I simply chose to ignore it exists.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Lol just noticed the beta changed messages app in a way it shows contact pictures in overview. Perhaps an old feature in beta but new to me 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen