iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the profile because it wouldn't see the update, then checked for update it downloaded the developer beta, instead of the public one, how can I delete the downloaded developer beta to make way for the public beta?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I deleted the profile because it wouldn't see the update, then checked for update it downloaded the developer beta, instead of the public one, how can I delete the downloaded developer beta to make way for the public beta?

There is no difference AFAIK. But that probably happened since you installed the Dev beta first. You need to restore to iOS 8.4 and update to the public beta from that.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I installed the public since beta 1, but when I deleted the profile then searched for an update it gave me the developer beta, then when I redownloaded the profile for the public beta, it didn't detect the new public beta but instead downloaded the developer beta

There is no difference AFAIK. But that probably happened since you installed the Dev beta first. You need to restore to iOS 8.4 and update to the public beta from that.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Had some Settings.app crashes, don't like the new multitask app switcher look, already some freezing issues swiping up Control Center, etc.

Just stuff that I know would be fixed with a restore as new but iOS 9 isn't worth doing that for, to me. I've had enough.

Beta: you are installing UNFINISHED SOFTWARE.
why bother installing something you know will likely not work like FINISHED software...
The purpose of BETA software is to use it, feedback bugs, look for issues.
You sounds all frustrated like it should be perfect while IN BETA.

danveB

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Guys, thanks for all the suggestions about hard resetting the phone. I actually restored back to iOS8.4 and then reinstalled the public beta and all the overheating issues and battery drain problems are gone on my iPhone 5S.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Beta 3 and I'm the hospital with kidney issues again.

Can I get a work around for some Wi-Fi passwords?

I'm kidding. Can't wait to download this once I'm released!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Logylogy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if this is just me, but every time I get a text while using the phone and pull down the tab to reply, it disappears and I have to launch the messages app. Possibly a bug? Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Saw a smart wi-fi toggle in beta 5, but it is missing in public 3.

What is this "smart wi-fi" of which you speak?

Both DB5 and PB3 have the Wi-Fi Assist function (Settings > Cellular and scroll all the way to the bottom), but this allows you to replace wifi with celluar service when your wifi connection is less that optimal.

Either way, it won't allow you to bypass the 100MB download limit on cellular, so not sure how this would help.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this is just me, but every time I get a text while using the phone and pull down the tab to reply, it disappears and I have to launch the messages app. Possibly a bug? Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

I'd say yes it is. Have you reported the problem to Apple? They can't fix what they aren't told about. When running beta software, it's what you do - report bugs, errors and crashes via the Feedback app.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Mine works fine on my iPhone 6

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member