iOS9 Developer Beta 5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer40330

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Question for you Beta testers. I have heard IOS 9 will use less space to install on your phone. Does this mean we will have more available space to store pictures, etc... On our devices because the OS is using less space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Question for you Beta testers. I have heard IOS 9 will use less space to install on your phone. Does this mean we will have more available space to store pictures, etc... On our devices because the OS is using less space?

I believe that is in regard to the free space required to run the install that is decreased.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised that they haven't released the GM for dev testing as yet, I'm guessing it will be released maybe end of week or beginning of next week?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised that they haven't released the GM for dev testing as yet, I'm guessing it will be released maybe end of week or beginning of next week?

The GM release IS NEVER released "for dev testing". The GM is always released the day of the keynote announcement, after the event is over. Always.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The GM release IS NEVER released "for dev testing". The GM is always released the day of the keynote announcement, after the event is over. Always.

Uhmmmm... IIRC I could've sworn that it was released a few days early for devs... And I did make a mistake, I meant to say RC... Lol. My bad!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Uhmmmm... IIRC I could've sworn that it was released a few days early for devs... And I did make a mistake, I meant to say RC... Lol. My bad!

Yes it is released early to devs, right after the event just as HankAZ stated. Then it's released the following week to the public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is released early to devs, right after the event just as HankAZ stated. Then it's released the following week to the public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah right, that's what it was, every year I forget about that...

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
After they release the beta 6, public will receive it 1 week later right? Then, will developer receive that public version on their iphone? What will happen to developer phone??

Sent from my  iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
After they release the beta 6, public will receive it 1 week later right? Then, will developer receive that public version on their iphone? What will happen to developer phone??

He GM is final release it may never get to the public. The public release and the GM will be the same unless major issues.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
There won't be a beta 6. Next will be GM build. Once developers have that, and it goes public. Developers will have the same version. No need to update.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
How about when version 9.0.1 come out to public? Does developer still get it as normal OTA update? Or developer will have to download psw file and flash it using psw file?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How about when version 9.0.1 come out to public? Does developer still get it as normal OTA update? Or developer will have to download psw file and flash it using psw file?

Developers will likely move on to the 9.1 beta cycle, which will be like every other beta cycle before it... point releases (as in X.0.1 etc...) typically never go into beta... they are just released to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro