iOS9 Developer Beta 5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, so far so great .. The Beta is rock solid and my battery life has actually improved a bit. Looks like they are getting very close to a GM Candidate.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My money is on September 16, 2015 for public release.

My money is on September 22, 2015 for public release.

Sent from my 5th gen (soon to be 6th gen) iPod touch using Tapatalk

Following the trend of the past few years Apple releases the public official iOS update one week before new iPhones and on Friday. I would put money on iOS 9 being released September 11, 2015 with the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus S, iPhone 6SC, and iPhone 6 Plus SC being released September 18, 2015.

Yes I'm banking on standard model S's this year as well as C version of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Following the trend of the past few years Apple releases the public official iOS update one week before new iPhones and on Friday. I would put money on iOS 9 being released September 11, 2015 with the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus S, iPhone 6SC, and iPhone 6 Plus SC being released September 18, 2015.

Yes I'm banking on standard model S's this year as well as C version of both.

I think, and again, I think, that last year the public release of iOS 9 was either the 16th or 17th, the same week that the 6/6 Plus shipped. The GM builds are what's put out the day of the iPhone events themselves

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think, and again, I think, that last year the public release of iOS 9 was either the 16th or 17th, the same week that the 6/6 Plus shipped. The GM builds are what's put out the day of the iPhone events themselves

Right you are, quick search showed release date of September 17th, two days before the iPhone release. I'm still going to say the new iPhones will be the 18th this year.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Right you are, quick search showed release date of September 17th, two days before the iPhone release. I'm still going to say the new iPhones will be the 18th this year.

With preorders on the 11th

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yeah. September 9th event, public iOS 9 release September 16th, new iPhones ship September 18th.

I would do a parlay if I could.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing faster battery drain compared to beta 4, and that one was also drained faster than beta 3. And my iPhone 5S is getting really warm.. I think I'm going to have to do a clean install.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing faster battery drain compared to beta 4, and that one was also drained faster than beta 3. And my iPhone 5S is getting really warm.. I think I'm going to have to do a clean install.

Although I'm not having any issues, I think I'm going to dibs clean install sometime tomorrow since it's been a while since I last did one. Hopefully when you do your clean install, your battery issue will be fixed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Although I'm not having any issues, I think I'm going to dibs clean install sometime tomorrow since it's been a while since I last did one. Hopefully when you do your clean install, your battery issue will be fixed.

I really hope so. I had to charge at a phone boot stand at the airport (where I work).

As for bugs and other stuff, it is a very solid build.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really hope so. I had to charge at a phone boot stand at the airport (where I work).

As for bugs and other stuff, it is a very solid build.

If I were you, I'd charge it overnight with it powered off to see if that helps before doing a clean install.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If I were you, I'd charge it overnight with it powered off to see if that helps before doing a clean install.

Well, that's a new one. I'll try that.
*** for the not so experienced under us, in order to charge your phone while shut off, you have to put it on the charger first and power down afterwards.)

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I too am noticing a slightly faster battery drain than beta 4, but this is my first full day with beta 5. My phone has been off the charger for 14 hours, with about 10 hours in areas I don't signal in, and I'm sitting at 57% battery left.

Per Martinsson

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Public Beta 4, iPhone 5S. Cellular data went ballistic. 1,6 GB in three days. iTunes-account is the what causes it. Turned off Wi-Fi-assistance. Problem solved. Anyone else with the Sam experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods