iOS9 Developer Beta 5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
New stuff:

• New wallpapers viewable at Settings > Wallpapers > Choose New Wallpaper > Stills
  • Regulatory info is now viewable at Settings > General > Regulatory. Perhaps this will allow Apple to remove the etcching on the back of the device.
  • Wifi Calling for AT&T (not yet enabled).
  • Links to AT&T "My Account" within settings. Settings > Phone > AT&T Services > AT&T My Account

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
New stuff:

• New wallpapers viewable at Settings > Wallpapers > Choose New Wallpaper > Stills
  • Regulatory info is now viewable at Settings > General > Regulatory. Perhaps this will allow Apple to remove the etcching on the back of the device.
  • Wifi Calling for AT&T (not yet enabled).
  • Links to AT&T "My Account" within settings. Settings > Phone > AT&T Services > AT&T My Account

(currently downloading OTA) with wifi calling for AT&T, do you HAVE to have iPhone 6/+?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe so. At this point it's moot, as Apple put it in iOS 9, but AT&T won't turn it on until later in the year.

Agreed - it might run on newer devices but will not be activated till AT&T flips the switch whenever in the near or long future

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I believe it is iPhone 5 and later.

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

looked it up and wifi calling is 6 and above. but wifi assist is working on my 5c

Noticing as I type this that on the keyboard, the tags appear when you press a letter. I was glad the got rid of this-- why'd they bring this back? 😩

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
looked it up and wifi calling is 6 and above. but wifi assist is working on my 5c

Noticing as I type this that on the keyboard, the tags appear when you press a letter. I was glad the got rid of this-- why'd they bring this back? 😩

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1438891830.614339.jpgYou can turn that off in settings/general/keyboard/character preview.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
A couple more "finds":
  • Music - New "Shuffle All" option at the top of My Music when in Song, Album, or Genre view. It'll play all songs in a music library on shuffle mode.
  • Keyboard tweaks - The keyboard in the iPhone has been tweaked with new shift and backspace keys.
  • Handoff - Previously, Handoff had an option that would allow users to see lock screen suggestions for Apps in the App Store for a relevant location. Now only installed apps will be displayed. In the Settings app, Handoff options under General > Handoff & Suggested Apps, the option to display App Store apps has been removed.
  • CarPlay - The CarPlay interface has been updated - images changed and added the ability to heart songs that are playing through Beats 1 radio or Apple Music.
  • Siri Suggestions/Search Screen - The Siri Suggestions interface no longer displays the labels for calling and messaging a contact. Only icons are displayed now.
  • WiFi animation - There's a new animation that's used when WiFi is turned off. Instead of the bars disappearing one by one, the WiFi symbol now fades to gray before disappearing.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Noticed another small UI change as well, in the Siri suggestions page to the left the top of the 3rd row is now gone. And the icons next to the contact ls are bolder and more pronounced.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually installed it while at work, albeit it took forever..:)..., but my iPhone 6 Plus appears to be as stable as before. I like the redone back button o. The native keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR