iOS9 Public Beta 2 Now available - 7/22/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The iPad Air 1 doesn't support split screen. What you're talking about is slide over which only lets you use the app on the right until you slide it away.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to add an attachment now in mail?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

You add an attachment the same way as before - either from within an app or by long pressing inside the compose box, tap the right arrow, and then select 'Add Attachment'.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
For some reason I have a friend that there is no audio when he messages me. No troubles with any other contact, but him. Also it didn't happen directly after downloading the update, just randomly started. Also noticed when I try to play a video from the TouchArcade app it goes into landscape kind of, but I only get the corner of the video playing on top of the article.

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 86037

I'm really liking split screen multi tasking and FaceTime all at once.

I really hate how that feature is not available on the iPhone 6. It's really pissing me off.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to have landscape multitasking. If I had Safari on the left in reader mode, I'd be able to read it just fine--and mail or iMessage on the right...

cmon apple.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I really hate how that feature is not available on the iPhone 6. It's really pissing me off.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to have landscape multitasking. If I had Safari on the left in reader mode, I'd be able to read it just fine--and mail or iMessage on the right...

cmon apple.

It's marketing strategy. Why put it on the iPad Air when people can pay more to get it with an iPad Air 2? Why add it to iPhone 6 and 6+ early on when they can add it to a newer device first, making it more appealing to customers?

jfried8

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It's marketing strategy. Why put it on the iPad Air when people can pay more to get it with an iPad Air 2? Why add it to iPhone 6 and 6+ early on when they can add it to a newer device first, making it more appealing to customers?

No. It's a Ram issue. It'll be available on the 6S and any device with 2gb.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is it asinine that you have to go into the camera under settings to change from 240 to 120 slow-motion instead of being able to change it via the camera app?!

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
How much more ram does it need to go from 30% to 50% of the screen?

Laughing at that ^

and responding to your reply to me--the point is that my iPhone 6 right now is unscratched, completely capable of continuing on for another year or two, so why can't I enjoy multitasking?

As a matter of fact, since I'm not an iPad owner, maybe I'd see that the multitasking on the iPhone is great, but a bit small, forcing me to grab an iPad. Or, maybe I'd be so inclined as to buy a new iPhone--possibly an iPhone 6S Plus...

However, since I'm not even given the option, other than having to first spend more money on something new, when what I have works and is fully capable of running such an option, I'll never try the feature.

How many times have you seen your switch-app screen glitch on an iPhone 6, like you're in Safari landscape mode, and then you double click--and the switch app screen is "landscape," meaning you'd have to swipe up, not left or right, to close the app--because it's in landscape.

It glitches, so why can't I just have a landscape mode on an iPhone 6.

The whole point with that is that the iPhone 6 is just a smaller version of the 6 plus--other than that, nothing is different, so why can't they build software that runs on both the same, and if I decided my 6 was too small, I have the option to go up. There was no way I was upgrading from a 5 to a 6plus just for landscape mode--knowing that the 5c was a perfect size for me, but I'd love to give the 6 a chance. But the 6 plus is still too big to me. I don't need all of that.

Just another reason why I'm upset with Apple. They've never catered to a power user, but they are now beginning to offer useful features--just not across the board. It's a shame. No reason why someone like me, who's power-using on a public beta right now, shouldn't be able to work even faster on my iPhone. There's no reason at all.

The feature is out there (multi), so why must I wait for a "new device" for access to it (assuming someone's 6S comment was legit)?

Why.... No reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods