iOS 9: Silent Switch Options?

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I heard ( or read somewhere) that iOS 9 will allow the silent switch to also function as 'orientation lock' switch.
Is it true? Does developer beta or public beta allow such functionality? Sorry, I don't remember where i heard or read it. 😀
Have a nice time! And thanks a lot!

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Who knows? I poked around in settings some more and cannot find it in dev beta 4. Apple often removes and adds features during beta testing. Maybe I'm just missing the setting or it's really missing and they'll add it back in a later beta or they decided not to include it in the final release.

I can't find it either, including using the new Search function in Settings.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

That's too bad! It was the feature i was looking forward to the most.
( I use orientation lock 20-25 times a day but rarely put my phone on silent so my 'silent' switch is as good as new)

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
The orientation lock is on the CONTROL CENTER on Public Beta 2 iOS 9 here is my screen showing the button on far right side top of control center panel. It has a padlock with circle around it.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1437737492.476365.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's supposed to be true and I swear I've seen the setting before in the beta. I just looked and can't remember where in the settings it was though.

Who knows? I poked around in settings some more and cannot find it in dev beta 4. Apple often removes and adds features during beta testing. Maybe I'm just missing the setting or it's really missing and they'll add it back in a later beta or they decided not to include it in the final release.

I remember it from Dev beta 1. Might've been in beta 2, but it was definitely removed in beta 3 and public beta 1.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that feature found in iPad only? I use to have the choice of using the silent physical button for either rotation on/off screen or silent on/off in settings general under iOS 7 on my iPad.
But I don't own iPad anymore so I can't verify it with iOS 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah, I do remember reading about that somewhere but I can't seem to locate where. I looked in all my settings don't see anything but I pretty sure I saw it in there while I was running public beta 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal