iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Download a fresh copy of beta 4 and install it. I am not experiencing anything like that on my device while running iOS 9 beta 4 and I haven't read about this happening from any other users except you. It's possible that something became corrupted after the install.

I read on the public beta 2 thread a few people are having problems with visual voicemail. I don't know if it's the same build number as beta 4.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read on the public beta 2 thread a few people are having problems with visual voicemail. I don't know if it's the same build number as beta 4.

It should be the same, and I think I read a post somewhere indicating that they were. Anyway, I wonder if the problem is specific to a certain carrier.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T using a iPhone 5

Hmm, I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T running iOS 9 beta 4, but I'm not having any visual voicemail issues. In fact, with the exception of the native apps notification bug, beta 4 runs excellently on my iPhone, thankfully.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T running iOS 9 beta 4, but I'm not having any visual voicemail issues. In fact, with the exception of the native apps notification bug, beta 4 runs excellently on my iPhone, thankfully.

I might just try a fresh install when I get home from work.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Fresh install is the way to go. I did a completely fresh install of Beta 4 and have great battery life and no other issues that I have seen.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am glad to see this beta has fixed the issue where my phone is unable to backup through the cloud. On beta 2 I couldn't back it up at all, and beta 3 I could back it up as long as I used my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use iCloud backups since you can't encrypt them. Since I must encrypt my backup to store all of my health data, I only use iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Grr I downgraded last night to jail break but I stupidly did even though I only had a backup through iTunes that was from March and I couldn't use my iCloud backup cause I don't have internet at home right now. So I decided to come back to beta 4 this morning and the back up I made on iTunes before downgrading says its corrupted or my iPhone isn't compatible! So I finally am able to use an iCloud backup to restore from 7/20 but when it finished none of my game progress for my games was restored. I know this has nothing to do with beta 4 just had to vent LOL.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use iCloud backups since you can't encrypt them. Since I must encrypt my backup to store all of my health data, I only use iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only use iCloud to back up a few things, and I usually delete all iCloud back ups each week and replace with a computer backup. I just don't have the time to use my computer much during the week right now.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm a public beta subscriber and my iPad Air is running developer beta 4. 9.0(13A4305g)
Does anyone know if Apple is releasing same beta to all?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a public beta subscriber and my iPad Air is running developer beta 4. 9.0(13A4305g)
Does anyone know if Apple is releasing same beta to all?

Cmon man. You've stated on several occasions that you received an update for the dev beta. We get it. Having said that, the beta 4 version has the EXACT SAME build number as public beta 2. Are the betas exactly the same? Maybe. Maybe not. Only Apple knows for certain.

Last edited:

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
To Just_Me_D: thanks for the reply. Sorry man... no harm intended with the previous posts. I was having forum app issues and thought my post was not posting and ended up posting in several places. I was already contacted by someone else of the forum. If I knew how to remove all those post to keep people from getting mad about it I would have.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To Just_Me_D: thanks for the reply. Sorry man... no harm intended with the previous posts. I was having forum app issues and thought my post was not posting and ended up posting in several places. I was already contacted by someone else of the forum. If I knew how to remove all those post to keep people from getting mad about it I would have.

It's all good, and those posts have already been removed...:)

henrywoo

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain :(

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain :(

It's a known issue in beta 4. The only way to fix it is to go back 8.4 or wait until beta 5 is released and hope they have it fixed then.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So far it has been a great beta, I am enjoying the battery life and haven't found any huge bugs. Looks like they fixed the issue with predictive Siri hogging up the search window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal