iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay so im noticing a few weird problems with the app on facebook in this beta it looks like this any 1else? :)View attachment 85705

ce6d6afd0235c832b0417b9235fe20f8.jpg

Nope. Maybe you're getting the web browser version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Frankly this is the best beta by far... All my apps that didnt work on the previous beta are working now and the lag from the task switcher is almost gone...
The only bug I found and is kinda annoying (because I did a fresh install) is that the settings application is crashing when i'm trying to change the tone for new e-mail, new messege, etc... but I can live with this as long as the entire experience is much better than the previous beta.
(iphone 6 plus)

For those who are using ios 9 on the ipads... they improved the functionality for the new features when adding a bluetooth keyboard. No more bugs here, all the keys and shortcuts are working flawlessly.
(Ipad air)

All the best.

I agree. This latest beta is even more stable than beta 3, and the glitches with trying to change alert tone for native apps doesn't bother me one bit because the overall experience is top notch. iOS 9 has been my daily driver on my primary device (iPhone 6 Plus) since beta 2 and it has yet to interfere with the things I do regularly with it, and therefore, I will continue running iOS 9 beta as my daily driver.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I did installed on my iphone 6 plus ios beta 2 and 3 but I had problems with the bluetooth while connecting my phone to the car and my music app crashed when I was trying to log in. The task switcher had so much lag and the phone heated too much... the overall experience was too crappy for me to handle.
Last night I decided to do a fresh install on my ipad air and instantly saw a big performance improvements in comparison with beta 3 which I was running.... Then did a fresh install on my iphone 6 plus and all its great.
I hope they keep up the good work.
Sadly I can't find in this beta version the feedback app... weird!

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that app anomalies are to be expected with a beta versions of iOS since those apps aren't yet updated to work properly with the beta. Furthermore, please do not report that as an iOS 9 beta 4 problem.

I know lol not that stupid ano its the beta was just saying but my phone feels almost fluid :)

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Keep in mind that app anomalies are to be expected with a beta versions of iOS since those apps aren't yet updated to work properly with the beta. Furthermore, please do not report that as an iOS 9 beta 4 problem.

Actually on the reporting app there is a section to report problems with third party apps

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Few UI enhancements in Music app. Apple is really trying to polish this release as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I didn't realize that. Certainly it's ok to report it there then although perhaps more productive to contact the app developers and politely inform them. If you do that maybe they'll have a beta available for you to help test. I actually did that with iOS 8 beta and 1Password and got to beta test the iOS 8 compatible app.
Not ok to report it in an AppStore review though.

I read somewhere it isn't possible anymore for beta tester to submit reviews in AppStore

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I didn't realize that. Certainly it's ok to report it there then although perhaps more productive to contact the app developers and politely inform them. If you do that maybe they'll have a beta available for you to help test. I actually did that with iOS 8 beta and 1Password and got to beta test the iOS 8 compatible app.
Not ok to report it in an AppStore review though.

I assumed that Apple passed on the information to the app developers as the feedback app specifically asks you which app you are experiencing problems with. Here's an example I just screen shot iMoreAppImg_20150723_023439.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150723_023449.jpg

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yay! They fixed the issue where in safari you didn't get the dialog for dialer when clicking on a phone number! ^.^

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My assumption is that Apple wants to know which app so they can verify that it isn't a problem on their side. Maybe they pass it on to the developers, but my guess is not. But you could be right.

I think they pass on the info, I submitted a bug that Life360 would continually crash when I attempted to open it. Less than a few days later, they updated compatibility to iOS 9. Coincidence? Maybe. It felt good to see that resolved.

Now the safari issue is fixed too, I'm happy.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

Eskemo30

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm a little late to the party but any news on Blackberry Messenger with the update? Hasn't been working since I started beta 3.

SimonePaige

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
This has probably been mentioned, but iCloud prompted me to add the Icon to the main home screen. I've moved a lot of my cloud documentation over to OneDrive, however i'm intrigued to see the openness of it!

magnuson23

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I know I was having problems with LTE not working and now with the Public Beta 2 being out I've had no problem. It does seem like a isolated thing though because people I work with didn't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen