Jail breaking for noobs?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I am still new to the apple world and learning my way around a bit. I was curious about jail breaking the iPhone.

I remember when I used android with the Motorola droid I did try rooting the device. But that was like 6 years ago lmao and I do remember it was a time consuming process and a bit difficult.

Is jail breaking easy to do for inexperience users. I mean can I just follow along with YouTube videos and learn lol. Or is it something not recommended.

Figured the season pros of iOS would be able to advise the new guy lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you want out of it. There's a lot of issues to deal with in jailbreaking. Many are finding it not as worthwhile as it once was. Apple has added many new features and options over the years. But many also like to customize. That's not important to me. So I don't jailbreak. Hopefully some who do will offer advice.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking isn't as hard a rooting your device, it's a simple process. Depending on what device you have, you have to find the right tool to jailbreak your phone. It's a one click and your done. After you jailbreak your phone the next step would be find some sources to put in. It's really easy. Just search for top cydia sources and they will pop up. Good luck with your jailbreak and I hope this helped

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Jail breaking is real easy, just done mine, now the hunt for that perfect theme. If I can do it, anyone can lol.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you want out of it. There's a lot of issues to deal with in jailbreaking. Many are finding it not as worthwhile as it once was. Apple has added many new features and options over the years. But many also like to customize. That's not important to me. So I don't jailbreak. Hopefully some who do will offer advice.

Jailbreaking isn't as hard a rooting your device, it's a simple process. Depending on what device you have, you have to find the right tool to jailbreak your phone. It's a one click and your done. After you jailbreak your phone the next step would be find some sources to put in. It's really easy. Just search for top cydia sources and they will pop up. Good luck with your jailbreak and I hope this helped

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Jail breaking is real easy, just done mine, now the hunt for that perfect theme. If I can do it, anyone can lol.

Thanks everyone. My main reason/desire for Jailbreaking is

A. I am not really a fan of all the BRIGHT WHITE on the iPhone lol. I am used to my dark theme on my Lumia.

B. I dislike the boring looking icons...I miss the tiles but I have seen some cool themes with changes to them and while not live tiles, i'd like to try and change the icons.

C. I don't like the way the text messaging app looks :p

I have a tmobile iPhone 6....where do I start :)

Plus can I like...un-jailbreak it or something?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hear you on the bright screen if iOS 7, 8 and now 9. It wasn't so bad on iOS 6. I use all the dark themes I can, including TapaTalk for forums. I have a dark theme Calendar with Super Calendar and etc. I don't really care what the icons look like. I just want it all to work well. I'm OK with iMessage. I also use Facebook Messenger some. You can Google information on the current jailbreak for 8.4. Redmondpie and idownloadblog have good articles on it.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. My main reason/desire for Jailbreaking is

A. I am not really a fan of all the BRIGHT WHITE on the iPhone lol. I am used to my dark theme on my Lumia.

B. I dislike the boring looking icons...I miss the tiles but I have seen some cool themes with changes to them and while not live tiles, i'd like to try and change the icons.

C. I don't like the way the text messaging app looks :p

I have a tmobile iPhone 6....where do I start :)

Plus can I like...un-jailbreak it or something?

Start by downgrading your itunes to 12.0.1 then head to taig for your 8.4 jailbreak fix.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
How does one downgrade lol like where don't find 12.01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you're running windows as taig for 8.4 is only available for windows...

You'd remove all the apple related programs from your apps remove section under control panel. That's the drivers, bonjour etc.

and download it from here Download iTunes 12.0.1 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com and reinstall, that's after a reboot.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen