Widgets show wrong time

xeroendo

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I did the fix you suggested and found that my iMessage also stopped working. Did you notice this by any chance? I didn't delete anything, just renamed it, so I renamed it back to what it was and everything is working now but the widgets are wrong again.

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Trade one thing for another. It did work but f.lux is now all bananas and I have dif time stamps for different functions throughout. Looks like a good ok restore is in order. Good thing it takes 8 secs to jailbreak.

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I feel absolutely horrible for giving problems to your phone. I myself had problems with time stamps and imessage as well. So i did a restore. and used the newest jailbreak beta to rejailbreak. everything seems to be working fine now, including widgets and timestamps. I did have a problem with Imessage so i signed into cloud and rebooted. For now everythings fine like I said, but I'm going to refrain from giving any further advice or suggestions. Good luck !!

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
No worries my dude. I did the exact same thing you did. Running like a champ now. It must have been installing a tweak and removing it or the order of installing them. Whatever it was it was strange and it looks like there's still no solution outside of restoring.

bmccormack11

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I feel absolutely horrible for giving problems to your phone. I myself had problems with time stamps and imessage as well. So i did a restore. and used the newest jailbreak beta to rejailbreak. everything seems to be working fine now, including widgets and timestamps. I did have a problem with Imessage so i signed into cloud and rebooted. For now everythings fine like I said, but I'm going to refrain from giving any further advice or suggestions. Good luck !!

My iMessage wasn't working so I finally decided to restore my phone last night and rejailbroke it using the updated Taig 2.4.3 (I used 2.2 the day it came out for my first jailbreak on ios 8.4). I still had to downgrade my iTunes to 12.0.1 to get it to work though. But now all the widget clocks work fine. And my iMessage works again!! Looks like doing a restore and rejailbreak is the only option.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
the people in this thread having this issue should bite the bullet and restore as new while you still can!

bmccormack11

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I agree. Besides having to downgrade my iTunes, the jailbreaking process is extremely easy. And I took screen shots off all my installed tweaks, so getting them back was quick and easy also. And all my tweak's settings were backed up so everything went back to the way I had it automatically (except for Activator. Had to assign my commands again).

HDSledge

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
You have a corrupted shortcut in your timezone folder. If you haven't fixed this yet, let me know.

I am having this problem with an iPad. IOS 8.4. I would like to know more about the corrupted shortcut in the timezone folder and how to fix that. I realize I can solve the problem as you guys have with a restore and reinstall but it will take too long with all the crap I have on the device and how it is pieced together. Fixing the shortcut sounds a whole lot easier in my case.

dhouston25 will you please fill me in? Thanks.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in the fix as well for the sake of knowledge?
Any of you people have location faking tweaks?

Saw this on reddit as well

Ok i think i found a fix, just out of nowhere.
1. Open ifile and go to /var/db/timezone
2.make a directory named "zoneinfo"
3.respring device (don't know if this is necessary but this is what i did)
4.after respring open ifile again and then go to
/var/db/stash/_.bSJSz3/share/zoneinfo.default
5. Mark all of the contents and copy it.
6. After it got copied go back to /var/db/timezone/zoneinfo then paste all of the copied file.
7.reboot device.

I wish this will help, and avoid restoring because it's hard too reinstall bunch of stuff.

jbaez3018

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. It seems I found a fix so I'll state what I did for anyone that wants to use this post as a reference for the future.

I went into Ifile ... Var/ db/ localtime ... I erased the entire local time page.. Even though the information seemed to be correct. I then reinstalled my widget & resprung. After that I had to go into settings & manually fix the time again. Then I was good to go. Hope this helps

Thank you!!

Dansco

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. It seems I found a fix so I'll state what I did for anyone that wants to use this post as a reference for the future.

I went into Ifile ... Var/ db/ localtime ... I erased the entire local time page.. Even though the information seemed to be correct. I then reinstalled my widget & resprung. After that I had to go into settings & manually fix the time again. Then I was good to go. Hope this helps

I had this problem suddenly ?ppear two days ago & this fix worked so thanks 👍🏻

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2