Can I get some help with some LTE issues I am having after upgrading to iOS 8.4?

delco24

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
LTE issues after upgrading to iOS 8.4

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon. Ever since I updated to 8.4, my LTE connection is terrible. When it actually works, its incredibly slow (speed test showed barely over 1 mbps), but most of the time I have no connectivity at all. My phone shows that I'm connected on LTE with at least 2 or 3 bars, but data simply doesn't work. I have no issues with voice calls or non-iMessage texts.

I've also noticed that when I do happen to have data service, my phone is using 3G and not LTE.

I have no issues at all on WiFi. The only change I've made has been upgrading to iOS 8.4. I don't have a case on my phone. I've also traveled to a different state since upgrading to 8.4, and I still had issues so I know its not just Verizon having problems in my area.

My wife has an iPhone 6 with 8.4 on AT&T, and she hasn't had any problems with LTE.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this issue?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: LTE issues after upgrading to iOS 8.4

Did you update via wifi or iTunes? If wifi - consider doing an iOS restore via iTunes... but first... go to settings... General... Reset... Reset Network Settings... you'll have to enter wifi passwords again after that...

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Um... Face palm question of the day, here, but...
HOW does one do an IOS restore via iTunes?
I've been experiencing the same issues.

Also, it appears that my pop up problem (reset your keychain access code nonsense) is gone, it hasn't happened since I upgraded so at least that's that.

But the LTE thing is annoying.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Um... Face palm question of the day, here, but...
HOW does one do an IOS restore via iTunes?
Connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes open... and on the device's window on iTunes will be summary tab/window... and in that tab/window will be a button to check for updates... and one next to it that says restore iPhone...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes open... and on the device's window on iTunes will be summary tab/window... and in that tab/window will be a button to check for updates... and one next to it that says restore iPhone...

You should also do a backup before restoring, just in case.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Awesome I'll try it after coffee. (You do NOT want me playing with electronics anything before coffee, lol) thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73