iOS 9 Beta 3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
For those questioning about why the news isn't working where they are located this is what the public beta website says about the news app

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 3974.jpg
    3974.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 83

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have always used all iOS 7, 8 and now 9 betas on primary devices.

As long as you know the restrictions and the risks you should be alright!

iOS 9 beta 3 is rock solid - I think this is ready for prime time (public beta)

It's stable enough but saying its rock solid might be a little far fetched.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

jalredding

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Proactive Search to show anything ? I've tried every setting I can find and all I get swiping left is a blank screen with the search box. What am I missing ?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
For those questioning about why the news isn't working where they are located this is what the public beta website says about the news app

Posted via the iMore App for Android

My News app is working fine now.

Although... I DO NOT have the Feedback Assistant app. I remember having it when testing iOS8... but it didn't appear on my home screen when I downloaded this beta. I'm having a few issues that I would like to report, would be nice to have

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Proactive Search to show anything ? I've tried every setting I can find and all I get swiping left is a blank screen with the search box. What am I missing ?

I assume you meant 'swiping right'....:)....Anyway, reboot your device and then when you boot to your home screen, swipe right.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

It takes a while... When you start using your device and it learns enough about your habits it will start populating suggestions. Also if you do a couple of searches in the search box for.. Anything, then it may populate fast and start giving you need suggestions or something similar...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've finally had time to mess with the News app at length, and it seems to have finally taken my favorites and display them in the 'For You' section as a continuous feed. It did not do that yesterday when I complained about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've finally had time to mess with the News app at length, and it seems to have finally taken my favorites and display them in the 'For You' section as a continuous feed. It did not do that yesterday when I complained about it.

How does it work? Can you choose any news org.?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How does it work? Can you choose any news org.?

There is a search function, but it's limited to topics and channels. There appear to be an endless stream of channels to choose from. Anyway, when I searched news org, I didn't get any results.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is a search function, but it's limited to topics and channels. There appear to be an endless stream of channels to choose from. Anyway, when I searched news org, I didn't get any results.

If that doesn't change, it'll get filed away in a folder with Stocks and my other unused apps. And I'll hang on to Pulse.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Do you happen to have the WSJ app installed? Is it put into News like it does on Newsstand? Or does it stand alone as a separate app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox