iOS 9 Beta 3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How was I incorrect? Also, being a lurker doesn't automatically makes what I say incorrect.

I can absolutely guarantee you that D knows all about beta software. I suspect that he has forgotten more than you will ever know, whether you post all day every day or just "lurk".

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can already tell that you don't seem to know what "beta" means.

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about cause if you had been here long enough you would know 'D has been a mod here forever and I know he's been using the betas at least since iOS 7 when I was using them perhaps even longer. So perhaps before you make derisive remarks like that you do some actual research.

The Lannisters send their regards.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem from beta 1 to beta 2. Didn't see OTA update. iCloud backups were failing. iTunes backups were failing. Couldn't even load IPSW to beta 2. Ended up putting phone into DFU mode and updating to 8.3. Then set up as new rather than backup and got everything setup again.
I now see the OTA update for beta 3 but I'm without wifi at the moment so I can't get it.

Thats the thing tho... When I made the back up nothing went wrong. I can load the ISPW's normally. The only thing I have problems with is the restore process from iTunes and iCloud backups. Which makes no sense. Seems like I can only use one back up and I think its from when I had 8.4 installed. :raised-eyebrow:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, News just crashes on boot for me, literally just got the beta installed, I'll reset my phone and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Umm...I think I broke my Watch. Maybe. I didn't unpair it before updating to beta 3, and sometime during the update process it stopped doing that thing with the screen, you know where it turns on? Yeah, that.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess I don't see where I can change what spotlight searches for first. Normally I put apps first. Now they are just toggle switches. I tried beta 1 and battery life was garbage, so maybe it was a setting I didn't notice they changed.

Also, my outlook.com email account doesn't work. Weird.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Umm...I think I broke my Watch. Maybe. I didn't unpair it before updating to beta 3, and sometime during the update process it stopped doing that thing with the screen, you know where it turns on? Yeah, that.

FWIW: upgraded the phone and watch without having to unpair or restore anything. It took 30+ minutes for the watch, at times not looking like it was doing anything.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The Photos app now shows dedicated folders for Selfies and Screenshots.
View attachment 84798

iPad folders now show 4x4 icons (as opposed to 3x3 on iPhone).

View attachment 84799

Wow. This is one of the things I love so much on my android phone. It literally separates EVERYTHING in Nova launcher. Apple just keeps getting better and better the more I hear about the iOS9

Though there goes my theory that the public beta was going to be released with beta 3 for developers :(

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 3931.jpg
    3931.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 66
  • 3932.jpg
    3932.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 66

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: upgraded the phone and watch without having to unpair or restore anything. It took 30+ minutes for the watch, at times not looking like it was doing anything.

That's what I'm hearing, but I didn't get the OTA update so I had to go through iTunes. If it doesn't correct itself I'll just have to make a trip to the  Store.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
fd3547e59836700c85535089e7e33a0c.jpg

Forgot to post this in beta 2 forum, but dam this battery life is actually pretty dam good. I really hope beta 3 had equal too or better than beta 2. So far beta 3 is really smooth tho... Although I've only been running it for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the news articles in the search area? Click the article doesn't seem to open up to the specific website. iMoreAppImg_20150709_030253.jpg

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the news articles in the search area? Click the article doesn't seem to open up to the specific website. View attachment 84833

Just tried mine. It took me to the news app. First time it's ever done that. I'm thinking that's what it's gonna do now if the content is available on the new app.

c1e3254656818a33810a8989f60d9272.jpg

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed that it shows the exact same thing in the "nearby" section. Lol... I wonder if it's gonna do that all the time or if it's because it's in beta... I'm hoping this new search area will be more like Google now!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems stable.

Apple Music is cool. I need to see if my music issue continued from beta 2. I think Bluetooth may have caused the issue, gonna try to play my playlist in the car tomorrow and see if it doesn't start deleting all of my new songs..

News app looks really cool! Although I set it up, and it just keeps crashing... Can't get any news.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seems stable.

Apple Music is cool. I need to see if my music issue continued from beta 2. I think Bluetooth may have caused the issue, gonna try to play my playlist in the car tomorrow and see if it doesn't start deleting all of my new songs..

News app looks really cool! Although I set it up, and it just keeps crashing... Can't get any news.

I set up the news app earlier today and it was pretty cool. Had lots of content. Although now it just keeps crashing. I haven't a clue as to what's causing it. It just started doing it all of a sudden.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I set up the news app earlier today and it was pretty cool. Had lots of content. Although now it just keeps crashing. I haven't a clue as to what's causing it. It just started doing it all of a sudden.

Possibly a server overload? So many people are now on Beta 3 and using it to try and load news. Idk if apps work that way, but it's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro