Apple music!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So far I love it. Found it is like Spotify in terms of I can find a cd and listen to it but also like Google music with its radio stuff. I find the layout of the app much better then both which might convince me to get Apple music at $9.99 vs Google at $7.99.*

* I also tend to avoid Google products because of privacy concerns but at $7.99 I rather pay for that over Spotify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am finding it very busy looking. Spotify seems more straightforward and user friendly. I will give it some time.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Right now I am finding it very busy looking. Spotify seems more straightforward and user friendly. I will give it some time.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I like the app layout imo. Might be enough to win me over. I'll give it the full 3 months and I'll see. Much better then I thought it would be which I thought it would be just a curated radio app or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The family price win me over. So happy the playlist and radio stations are really good.

That's the big plus for me as well. I have 5 users in the family. I have been using Google Play Music but everyone else uses iTunes only. I really like Play Music, but as long as I can get what I need I will switch for sure just for the price. So far so good. I've had a few bugs with setting up playlists but I'm sure Apple will work those out. It's only day 1.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I really enjoy the fact that I have unlimited skips now on iTunes Radio and that I don't have two separate apps for my music anymore. (Was constantly switching from Spotify to the music app before today.) The app has a lot going on inside it, but I'm quickly learning where everything is even though it literally took me over an hour to find the search icon to where I can find Apple Music. Though I could do without Beats 1 due to my taste in music being different, it's a great update!

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm canceling my Spotify subscription later this week most likely, and going all Apple. I really like Apple Music!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The localization stuns me. The Canadian playlists are great. The Russian playlists are extensive.

Super surprising.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the only reason I might keep Google is because it's a third party app so I am never anchored with Apple should I decide to go back to Android. While I probably won't I just like the idea of having everything not tied to Apple.*

* this also goes in general with other products like game consoles. I try to avoid buying stuff like movies on my ps4 or xbox one because I could only watch that movie on those consoles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Not really used  Music that much yet, but really like the Spotify styled streaming, but not too keen on most of the Featured Radio Stations apart from BBC World Service.

Since it's integrated into the Music App I'm more inclined to stay a Subscriber after the three months are up since ?9.99 ($9.99) a month is cheaper than buying all the individual tracks or albums from the iTunes Store.

Roland

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the only reason I might keep Google is because it's a third party app so I am never anchored with Apple should I decide to go back to Android. While I probably won't I just like the idea of having everything not tied to Apple.*

* this also goes in general with other products like game consoles. I try to avoid buying stuff like movies on my ps4 or xbox one because I could only watch that movie on those consoles.

 Music will be cross platform in the fall, so you can still use it on Android! That's another big reason I switched completely over to  Music.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
 Music will be cross platform in the fall, so you can still use it on Android! That's another big reason I switched completely over to  Music.

Totally forgot about that lol. Guess it comes down which service I like more and is it worth $9.99 over $7.99* for Google music

* if you signed up for Google music when they launched it they sold it at $7.99 at launch. Now it's $9.99 which would now make it a lot easier to switch

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone noticed that 'Indie' is missing now from 'Genre' & 'Apple Music Editors' sections, I wonder why they removed it now though it was there on launch day!

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I used to like listening to the BBC World Service Radio Station on Apple Music as it was something different to the Music Stations. I've just gone into the Radio Tab of Apple Music to find that there are only the music stations available. Was the BBC World Service Station only on Apple Music for the first two days of Apple Music?

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone noticed that 'Indie' is missing now from 'Genre' & 'Apple Music Editors' sections, I wonder why they removed it now though it was there on launch day!

I've now noticed that BBC World Service is now missing from the Radio section and it was there yesterday.

Roland

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about apple music features.

There is one thing that has been confusing me. When I click more for an album, I get the option to add it to my music, and make available offline. If I make it available offline that means I can listen to it without using any data when I am out, but "add to my music" what does that exactly do? Does it just put it in my music list and if I want to listen to it, then it will just use data?

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering about apple music features.

There is one thing that has been confusing me. When I click more for an album, I get the option to add it to my music, and make available offline. If I make it available offline that means I can listen to it without using any data when I am out, but "add to my music" what does that exactly do? Does it just put it in my music list and if I want to listen to it, then it will just use data?

'Add To My Music' adds the song/album to your music library. Once it's in your library you can download to your device for local playback, so no data usage. I've verified the no data usage by toggling on airplane mode and then playing downloaded music.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro