iOS 8.4.1 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

Is it far too late to revert to 8.3 from 8.4? No jailbreak, if it matters. iPhone 6 is my first iPhone and having used android since its inception, it was much easier to change os versions with android imo. I don't use apple music and I found that for my usage, 8.3 seemed better, especially regarding battery life.
Thanks!

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I actually use my Mini all the time. I use it for my training outlines, music, Tapatalk, surfing the net, reading books, watching Netflix, playing games and even texting when my phone isn't close by. It's a great bridge for when I don't want to use my MacBook or iPhone. Plus I travel a lot and have a bunch of movies on it for the plane ride. I can't see myself ever going without it. IMHO...you can't go wrong with the Air or Mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got myself an Air 2. I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Downloading 8.4.1 now. Hopefully the wake-up lag on the iPad Air 2 is fixed.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Getting random ID verification code pop ups since the update. For no apparent reason. I do have 2 step verification active on my account, but it is set to send SMS instead of iOS notifications. Odd.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
With the amount of posts since it'll this thread was updated to 8.4.1, looks all of us tech junkies are either JB or running iOS 9 beta.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

There are many internet radio stations that play good music.

Not that I listen to. I need to be able to choose my own songs whenever I want, not have someone else or an algorithm tell me what I can listen to or how many times I can skip songs in an hour.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1439902907.991216.jpg
I'll really need similar (or better) battery life to motivate me to update to iOS 9. 😊
Running iOS 8.4.1 on iPhone 5c. (Only cellular data used all the time, no wifi)

Shazta

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Im brand new to this app so I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum. I am looking to better understand how to disable/enable geotagging in iOS 8.4.1?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Im brand new to this app so I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum. I am looking to better understand how to disable/enable geotagging in iOS 8.4.1?

Just got to Settings - Location Services - Camera, and then select "While Using This App".

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I don't know if this is 8.4.1 related or not...but I think it might be.

My wife, ever since she updated her 6 to it, has had issues with everything freezing or just plain not working. Stock apps, downloaded apps, opening links, trying to listen to offline/downloaded music and/or podcasts...just a total mess.

My guess would be she needs to back it up, then do a factory reset then reinstalling everything from the backup. I just fear it's an 8.4.1 glitch or something and it won't fix it doing that. I'd take it to an apple store and see what they could tell me, but the closest one is a little more than a 2.5 hour drive away.

any thoughts? Should probably note that doing soft resets fixes the problem for "about 5 minutes" according to her but then it's back to square one.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issues here. Definitely think its 8.4.1 related. I have random battery drain issues occasionally as well. I notice my device becomes abnormally warm, then drains extremely quickly until I do a reboot. At this point I just want to try and hold out until 9. I feel like 8.4.1 broke more things than it fixed when compared to 8.4

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So, I don't know if this is 8.4.1 related or not...but I think it might be.

My wife, ever since she updated her 6 to it, has had issues with everything freezing or just plain not working. Stock apps, downloaded apps, opening links, trying to listen to offline/downloaded music and/or podcasts...just a total mess.

My guess would be she needs to back it up, then do a factory reset then reinstalling everything from the backup. I just fear it's an 8.4.1 glitch or something and it won't fix it doing that. I'd take it to an apple store and see what they could tell me, but the closest one is a little more than a 2.5 hour drive away.

any thoughts? Should probably note that doing soft resets fixes the problem for "about 5 minutes" according to her but then it's back to square one.

Do a wipe and restore. Really can't hurt anything. Just takes up your time.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Something is wrong with Apple services and v8.4.1. I can't download anything from the App Store without rebooting my iPhone. Apple Music often times doesn't stream songs at all. Music I added to "My Music" comes and goes at random. Sounds on my iPhone just stop happening. The settings app crashes when trying to set a new wallpaper. Safari will just stop loading pages, it doesn't crash...it just freezes and stops loading pages. And finally iMessage is falling to SMS at least 50% of the time.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I was going to ask if 8.4.1 had any kind of updates to correct the issues people have been seeing, but, looking at the latest responses, I guess not.

Since I don't have Apple Music, am I correct in assuming I don't think I really need 8.4.1 and am better off just waiting for 9?

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I was going to ask if 8.4.1 had any kind of updates to correct the issues people have been seeing, but, looking at the latest responses, I guess not.

Since I don't have Apple Music, am I correct in assuming I don't think I really need 8.4.1 and am better off just waiting for 9?

I'm not having any issues with 8.4.1. Whether you need it I would say depends on if you need the slew of security fixes in the update.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I remember when iOS 8 first was released it wouldn't let me Quick Reply from Notification Center as long as my message previews were set to "Off" for the lock screen. I could only Quick Reply from the banner notification and if I missed the opportunity, it wouldn't let me from Notification Center. I just accepted it for what it was and forgot about it.

Today I noticed it allows me to do that now. I wonder at what version of iOS 8 that changed. Because it's pretty damn awesome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods