(not a)Rumor: iOS8.4 goes public Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I update to 8.4, will there be no more iTunes Radio Stations I have picked out? I have no use for Beats 1. Are they taking away the current Stations to try to force you to use Beats 1?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I update to 8.4, will there be no more iTunes Radio Stations I have picked out? I have no use for Beats 1. Are they taking away the current Stations to try to force you to use Beats 1?

Serenity does a good job of answering this question and more. Short answer is that you will be able to set up your own stations similar to iTunes Radio. Beats 1 is something I don't see myself using either and the good news is that nobody is forcing us to use it. It seems to me that Apple Music will offer more services, not less.

Apple Music FAQ: Everything you need to know | iMore

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Serenity does a good job of answering this question and more. Short answer is that you will be able to set up your own stations similar to iTunes Radio. Beats 1 is something I don't see myself using either and the good news is that nobody is forcing us to use it. It seems to me that Apple Music will offer more services, not less.

Apple Music FAQ: Everything you need to know | iMore

Thanks. I have problems reading the blog site because of the low contrast text they now use. But I might can take it to Safari and view in reader mode. The key word there is "similar".

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So...about 3 more hours. Why am I looking forward to it. Tech change I guess...I like tech change...as long as it's not for the worse.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have problems reading the blog site because of the low contrast text they now use. But I might can take it to Safari and view in reader mode. The key word there is "similar".

By similar I mean you will be able to create a station based off of an artist, song or genre just like you can now. I'm sure it will look a little different but the function sounds the same. End result is that you get the stations you want just like in iTunes Radio. I use it as well so I'm with you but I'm not worried about it. What they describe sounds like iTunes Radio to me it's just called something else.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The article didn't really answer my questions. It sounded confusing. I understood it to say I can only hear my purchased songs if I have iTunes Match. I only have about 85 purchased songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR