Updating iPhone 4s (iOS 7) to iOS 9

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I hope to update my mom's iPhone 4S 8 GB to iOS 9 this fall. It has iOS 7 installed and she can't update to iOS 8 because she doesn't have enough storage on the phone. Can she still update to iOS 9?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope to update my mom's iPhone 4S 8 GB to iOS 9 this fall. It has iOS 7 installed and she can't update to iOS 8 because she doesn't have enough storage on the phone. Can she still update to iOS 9?
So... what one does in this situation is back-up and sync the device to iTunes... then delete some content on the device... update the iOS... then restore and re-sync content that was deleted... easy.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So... what one does in this situation is back-up and sync the device to iTunes... then delete some content on the device... update the iOS... then restore and re-sync content that was deleted... easy.

My mom would want her contacts and text messages to stay on the phone. Is this possible with an iTunes backup?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just use the update button in iTunes to update the phone when iOS 9 comes out. Just make a backup first just in case something goes wrong.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner