iOS 9 beta 2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Found a few bugs. When searching for a name in Messages, that I know exists in the messages it wont find it, and return incorrect search results... Works with some and not others, not sure why that is happening... Nothing that would make you roll back, just weird. The second one is when tagging people in photos in Facebook, it makes the app crash. Has anyone else come across these?

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
iOS9 beta2 / iPhone6+: anybody else noticing that the "news" toggle is not listed under Settings>iCloud? I know I turned it off in b1 to save battery, but now I don't see it at all.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS9 beta2 / iPhone6+: anybody else noticing that the "news" toggle is not listed under Settings>iCloud? I know I turned it off in b1 to save battery, but now I don't see it at all.

It is there for me. Still no News app, but the toggle setting is present in the iCloud settings for me.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
When swiping to the right from you home screen, is anyone getting news information from sources other than CNN and the Huffington Post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen News from: CNN, Huffington Post, NYTimes, WSJ, and USA Today so far. I'm sure there are others as well.

Have you tried tapping the 'show more' on news?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have seen News from: CNN, Huffington Post, NYTimes, WSJ, and USA Today so far. I'm sure there are others as well.

Have you tried tapping the 'show more' on news?

Yes, I have, and I've indeed seen a few articles from several sites, however, the bulk is from CNN and the Huffington Post.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's a glitch of some sort. It appeared after initially installing beta 2, but I reinstalled it and set up my device as new and now it does not appear. It's not a big deal because it's inactive anyway...:)

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
It's a glitch of some sort. It appeared after initially installing beta 2, but I reinstalled it and set up my device as new and now it does not appear. It's not a big deal because it's inactive anyway...:)

Thanks. That's pretty much what I did, too. First OTA then a restore. Weird, though.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a very solid OS. Yes, there are bugs and a few apps do not work, but battery life is phenomenal. I have been off of the charger since 11am, and I am only down to 75%. I am very impressed, and I definitely will be rocking this one through the duration of the betas. There are a few apps I would love to see updated to not crash once they are opened, but that will come with time.
f7235e6a727d1fb0856ab5fdca2291c9.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm listening to a station on iTunes Radio right now and when a song finishes I have to manually start each song. Anyone else experiencing this?

The Lannisters send their regards.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm listening to a station on iTunes Radio right now and when a song finishes I have to manually start each song. Anyone else experiencing this?

I am experiencing the exact same thing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am experiencing the exact same thing.

Count me in among those experiencing the same thing, but I assume it'll change on June 30th when Music officially goes live.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well sad to say I had to leave beta for now. I rely on BBM and when beta not working well on beta os... I have to give one a miss over the other.

Will look for a cheaper 5c to play with beta...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The only bug I'm having, and it just started, is the battery percentage gets stuck at 100 even after hours of usage, a reboot re displays the proper battery level.

But that's the ONLY bug I'm having.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The only bug I'm having, and it just started, is the battery percentage gets stuck at 100 even after hours of usage, a reboot re displays the proper battery level.

But that's the ONLY bug I'm having.

Oh, I wonder now if I was really at a 100 at midnight! Probably not.

jalredding

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with native mail app not showing proper unread count ? Every time I get a email the count shows "2" and not "1" and once I clear the mail the count still shows a "1". I have disabled mail and restarted phone then restarted phone and re enabled mail and problem persists. Also did a reset.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with native mail app not showing proper unread count ? Every time I get a email the count shows "2" and not "1" and once I clear the mail the count still shows a "1". I have disabled mail and restarted phone then restarted phone and re enabled mail and problem persists. Also did a reset.

Yes. But I had through all versions of 8. With Yahoo and other IMAP accounts.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this on iMore a few hours ago.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435541476.426070.jpg

Looks like we'll be getting beta 3 Tuesday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox