iOS 9 beta 2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I reenabled everything I had disabled for beta and it seems noticeably better by far.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can also see the news in iCloud settings

Someone mentioned that calendar to Exchange isn't working, for me it is (Office 365 based corporate account), it's all working for me

Ditto, no issues here with calendar, both hotmail, and O365 working nicely.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was in Beta 1 (or even in 8.3) but when I was turning back on Find my iPhone, I noticed that there is an option to send the last location of the device to Apple when battery is critically low.

Also I see more when I swipe left of the home screen than in Beta 1. For instance, I was reading an email earlier today and forwarded it on to somebody. For now, when I swipe left, a shortcut to that email appears Siri suggestions for contacts and above siri suggestions for apps (still in the siri suggestion box). Nearby and News seems the same, although now I only have 3 news stories instead of 4 from Beta 1. Overall, Siri suggestions seem to be more on point with what I need (or might need)!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Installed on my iPhone 6. The constant asking for your Apple ID to install apps is still present, but they fixed a few other little bits here and there.

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So far the battery the battery life is GREAT! iPhone 6+ and it is every bit as good as 8.3 so far. I do not have any iCloud services turned on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else missing iTunes Radio in the music app. It won't work anymore for me?

The Radio option is available, but It won't allow me to actually use it. I assume it'll work on June 30th when Music goes live.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The Radio option is available, but It won't allow me to actually use it. I assume it'll work on June 30th when Music goes live.

Just noticed this. Even more reason for me to believe now that beta 3 will be out next week with Music.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed this. Even more reason for me to believe now that beta 3 will be out next week with Music.

The Lannisters send they'reeir regards.

I'm still not convinced that the whole Music thing is not server-side controlled. It's extremely possible that Apple can activate it for everyone without a new iOS release/beta.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, so far so much better! ... Strange how the iPad Air 2 version was so much farther ahead than the iPhone 6plus version for beta 1 ... Beta 2 seems to bridge the gap a little better.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not convinced that the whole Music thing is not server-side controlled. It's extremely possible that Apple can activate it for everyone without a new iOS release/beta.

Yeah that sounds plausible also.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
With beta 1 I'd be down to 60% or so already, so things are far far better with beta 2 on my iPad Air.

93% after 5:44 standby and 50 min actual usage.

image.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems MUCH improved in this version.

Also, as mentioned, News comes up in iCloud, but there is still no News app in this update. Anyone have an idea when that will be coming?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
No idea on the news app, but I noticed in beta 1 for me the what's new button on app updates was text only, that's fixed in beta 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Beta 2 on my Att iPhone 6 is (so far) considerably better than Beta 1. I would have had to plugin already, but since doing the update OTA and then charging up to 90%ish I've been off charge and I'm at 14%. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

LastPass is working better again, and that's good :)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Quite impressed with this beta. Ms Word works again where it didn't on beta 4 of 8.4.

Might make this iPhone a daily driver vs the classic.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Quite impressed with this beta. Ms Word works again where it didn't on beta 4 of 8.4.

Might make this iPhone a daily driver vs the classic.

I'm on B4 8.4 Ms word works fine

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm on B4 8.4 Ms word works fine

No idea then, I tried dirty load from 8.3 to 8.4 and word crashed even after clearing credentials. Went back to 8.3, dirty load to 9.2 and everything works as it should so far.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh