Can Someone Explain to me Apple Music.. Is it "Unlimited"

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not understanding Apple Music fully. I just realized that Apple Music will be independent from iTunes match so we're supposed to pay for BOTH? :raised-eyebrow:

But the point of this thread is... The biggest thing I like about Spotify or Google Unlimited it's music on tap. If I want to go back and listen to an old DMX album or something I don't have to BUY it with Spotify/GMU... I just find it and listen to it. Rather than Pay $9.99 per individual album or whatever, I can just listen to anything I want for a flat rate...

Will Apple Music offer unlimited access to it's entire library? Because if it DOESN'T I don't understand how it's supposed to compete with services already in place...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge- yes you will be able to listen to pretty much anything from iTunes for that flat rate. I believe i read somewhere that the beatles stuff wouldn't be available under that service... Who knows- I do love spotify and agree the ability to download whatever I want is appealing. I look forward to June 30th to try out apples version

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
But the point of this thread is... The biggest thing I like about Spotify or Google Unlimited it's music on tap. If I want to go back and listen to an old DMX album or something I don't have to BUY it with Spotify/GMU... I just find it and listen to it. Rather than Pay $9.99 per individual album or whatever, I can just listen to anything I want for a flat rate...
Yes, Apple Music is another version of Spotify. You won't have to pay for the DMX album because you can just stream it as you'd like with Apple Music.

Apple could have done a way better job of explaining what this product is and how it differentiates from iTunes and iTunes Match. This is what happens when you put two fools with no good speaking ability on the stage to present.

Eddy Cue could have done a better job, too.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope its mixed in with iTunes Match. Even though its cheaper, I won't pay for it another year if I can store my songs in the iTunes Music server. The only downside is that songs not in the iTunes library won't be saved? Or will it? :confused:

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope its mixed in with iTunes Match. Even though its cheaper, I won't pay for it another year if I can store my songs in the iTunes Music server. The only downside is that songs not in the iTunes library won't be saved? Or will it? :confused:

Yes that's another thing I want to know. I'm a current iTunes match user but I don't want to pay for BOTH

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's another thing I want to know. I'm a current iTunes match user but I don't want to pay for BOTH

I'll also be annoyed if I had to pay for both. However given that iTunes Match is only $2/month, it wouldn't be enough for me to get upset. Annoyed, yes, but that's about it.