I have an iOS 9 beta 1 battery drain, is there a workaround?

I

iMore Question

iOS 9 beta 1 battery drain, workaround?

Is ios 9 beta 1 battery life horrible for everyone else? Is there any work arounds? I find my iphone 6 battery dropping dramatically without even using it... really don't want to go back to 8.4 beta because i'm loving the new changes....

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 9 beta 1 battery drain, workaround?

Is ios 9 beta 1 battery life horrible for everyone else? Is there any work arounds? I find my iphone 6 battery dropping dramatically without even using it... really don't want to go back to 8.4 beta because i'm loving the new changes....

You can try to going to settings/general/search and turning all off.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I guess with beta this is something you gotta take into motion. No way around it but a restore to the previous version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

This is my understanding of Beta software.
"Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss."

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

This is my understanding of Beta software.
"Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss."

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I just hope they have most of the bugs worked out by next month. :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

For what it's worth... The public betas have been pretty good for me... No issues that I couldn't work around... no particular battery issues at all.

Same for me, and I want to keep it that way, Apple. :biggrin:

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

It's never been recommended to install beta software, especially beta 1, on your daily driver device. Either have a charging solution handy at all times, or roll back to 8.3.

I tried iOS 9 for a couple of days, loved the new features, but couldn't get through the day with the battery life, so I rolled back. Will happily try it again as we get closer to a release candidate.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I installed it on an older iPhone 5, just to explore the features. I used it a little bit. People were complaining that phones were losing battery life fast, even with the phone "in their pocket" or otherwise not being used.

As a test, I charged my iPhone 5 fully, then unplugged it. I have used it minimally - to check features or capture screen prints for issues, feature changes, etc. I have not disabled any features, save LTE data because I live on the edge between 4G and LTE, so it hits my iPhone 6 Plus battery (iOS 8.3) hard searching for LTE.

So far, I have 41 hrs, 9 mins of standby and 1 hr 35 min usage. I am still at 78%.

Of course, these stats are no where near "real world" usage cases, but IMO, it dispels the "draining in your pocket" myth.

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

The myth? What a stupid and pointless post. Hundreds of people are reporting the same problem that with normal usage the battery drains. Other people are reporting that it isn't, so just because your one device isn't draining it doesn't make it a myth.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The myth? What a stupid and pointless post. Hundreds of people are reporting the same problem that with normal usage the battery drains. Other people are reporting that it isn't, so just because your one device isn't draining it doesn't make it a myth.

Easy, there, inspector.

I never said I was using the device "with normal usage". Some are saying their batteries drop 10-25% just sitting in their pockets.

It's a beta release. They always have battery issues - it's one of the last things that Apple tunes. I stated that my experience would never qualify as a "real world" test, Maybe the issue is that the phone is sitting on my desk and not in my pocket that keeps it from oozing battery life. A first beta release is never intended to be used on your "go to" "daily driver" device.

Just lighten up a bit, ok?

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Easy, there, inspector.

I never said I was using the device "with normal usage". Some are saying their batteries drop 10-25% just sitting in their pockets.

It's a beta release. They always have battery issues - it's one of the last things that Apple tunes. I stated that my experience would never qualify as a "real world" test, Maybe the issue is that the phone is sitting on my desk and not in my pocket that keeps it from oozing battery life. A first beta release is never intended to be used on your "go to" "daily driver" device.

Just lighten up a bit, ok?

I think pretty much everyone understands that there will be some sort of battery issue with betas. But this more than just an issue...it's a drain, and I don't think it depends on whether or not the device is in your pocket or on your desk. No beta is intended for daily use, but there are many of us who wish to use it that way because we enjoy being on the bleeding edge. I can only recall a couple betas having terrible battery life like this one, otherwise the slight drop in battery life in the rest of the betas has been bearable.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Look at this green horn coming out the box throwing bows! LOL!

I think Hank had a clear point...you might not agree with it, but calling it "pointless" is kind of...well...pointless. And stupid.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Same issue. I can normally end the day 7am-9pm with about 50% battery left. With iOS9, I find myself at about 40% around noon. I deleted Facebook - seemed to be my biggest drain. Even with background refreshing off it said that 30% of my battery was drained with FB refreshing in the background.

Saw a 10-20% increase in battery life after deleting the FB app.

mmaboi21

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Totally normal but if you flip the low power mode toggle on for some reason it actually will give better battery life. Just my experience

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73