iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt Apple will seed a new beta today, 1 week before Apple Music debuts. May just be my intuition, but betas one week apart (while not unheard of) just doesn't seem realistic. My thinking is we see a slew of developer and public beta releases next week on the 30th along with Apple Music and 8.4 GM.
Maybe, but iOS 8.4 and Music will be officially released a week from today on June 30th. The Public beta of iOS 9 is slated for release "in July" without a known specific date. By releasing 8.4 GM today, Apple would give developers a week to update their apps for the official June 30th release. Still, we'll know soon enough, right?...:)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but iOS 8.4 and Music will be officially released a week from today on June 30th. The Public beta of iOS 9 is slated for release "in July" without a known specific date. By releasing 8.4 GM today, Apple would give developers a week to update their apps for the official June 30th release. Still, we'll know soon enough, right?...:)

Apple music could be an app update. Probably not but possibly.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can see iOS 9 beta 2 being released on the 29th of June but I don't see Apple releasing iOS 8.4 and Apple music on the same day as that would cause huge server loads and Apple needs Apple music to be a smooth release.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I can see iOS 9 beta 2 being released on the 29th of June but I don't see Apple releasing iOS 8.4 and Apple music on the same day as that would cause huge server loads and Apple needs Apple music to be a smooth release.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

I've been and still am under the impression that Music will be baked into iOS. That said, Music and iOS 8.4 shouldn't be separate releases imo.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been and still am under the impression that Music will be baked into iOS. That said, Music and iOS 8.4 shouldn't be separate releases imo.
It is baked into the 8.4 Music app... The Music service will go live 6/30 - and iOS 8.4 will release in time to support that...

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

That would make sense for 8.4 GM to be released today with a full rollout next week.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure there will be a GM (gold master) release of iOS 8.4. Typically Apple does not do GM releases of point releases - they just push them out. The concept of a "gold master" comes from the process of Apple creating a "ready-for-distribution" version of the .0 releases that is sent to the iPhone manufacturing process for installation on the new iPhone models.

For all other versions of iOS (.1, etc), Apple simply goes through the beta process until it's ready, then it's just "released". In practice there is generally no difference between the GM version and the GA (generally available or "released") version, but there is a difference technically.

Last edited:

mjk5025

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Given how semi-functioning parts of Apple Music just appeared in 8.4 and 9.0b1 last week, I think it can all be turned on server-side. Meaning that the betas/GM can be released before the official launch of Apple Music without many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR