iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Proudly presents: my status bar has turned into red. I don't know how, but it won't leave.

d7d50863bdd1ef9648f4c2e35c23c6c4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to go back to 8.4... tho I LOVED IOS9 and I feel it was a solid beta the battery drain is just too much for me. I left for work the other day at 0730 and my battery was on 50% by 10am with only light usage. I'll go back if Beta 2 fixes it

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Someone please help me out, I upgraded to iOS 9 beta 1 but there was quite bad battery drain so I restored back to iOS 8.4 beta 4 and I've noticed there is still a bit of battery drain. Does anyone know why this could be?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Reminds me of Shazam app running in background. May be other apps of the kind behave the same. Clear your background apps and check then.
Hope it helps. ��
Well, I don't have Shazam installed, or Skype or anything else... Closed everything running in the background and it was still there...
The only thing that helped was a hard reset... Weird.

But thank you anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't have Shazam installed, or Skype or anything else... Closed everything running in the background and it was still there...
The only thing that helped was a hard reset... Weird.

But thank you anyway.

Your mic may have still been open. Had you used it any? Was any app using the mic? The hard reset closed it.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Your mic may have still been open. Had you used it any? Was any app using the mic? The hard reset closed it.

It was snapchat, I don't know if it was using the mic but it happened again a few minutes ago while I was using the snapchat app and it was refreshing itself.
I will try to reproduce it.

Christopher Linna

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming it wasn't quite ready so it hasn't been included, it'll make an appearance sooner or later!

Surprised to see the new music app features aren't there yet too

I assumed the music app features would come as a stand alone music service app that can be downloaded from the App Store. Especially since they mentioned it would be available for android as well.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be not able to activate iCloud Keychain on my phone. It's a known bug, but highly inconvenient. As I only have one iDevice, there is no way to work out a workaround. I am impatiently waiting for the next beta to come out.

And sometimes when I'm receiving a call, I can't accept the call. The phone gets unresponsive.

But overall I'm happy with iOS 9 so far

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be not able to activate iCloud Keychain on my phone. It's a known bug, but highly inconvenient. As I only have one iDevice, there is no way to work out a workaround. I am impatiently waiting for the next beta to come out.

And sometimes when I'm receiving a call, I can't accept the call. The phone gets unresponsive.

But overall I'm happy with iOS 9 so far

That's why everyone recommends NOT using their only phone for betas. You never know what will happen. Especially the beta 1.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
That's why everyone recommends NOT using their only phone for betas. You never know what will happen. Especially the beta 1.

Right on. The thing devs don't realize is Apple allow restores by users to minimize service calls and visits to the store. It's not to allow reverting at all. Devs should plan accordingly.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not thinking about going back to iOS 8, as it is not possible to restore a backup from 9 to 8. And as for my complaining about inconveniences, those are sweet inconveniences I'm happy to have, so long as I am able to enjoy being one of the few to try the newest iOS out.

People still can't believe I'm already on iOS 9.

As I've always been an early adaptor of software and hardware in my circle, having iOS 9 on my device keeps that trend going.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not thinking about going back to iOS 8, as it is not possible to restore a backup from 9 to 8. And as for my complaining about inconveniences, those are sweet inconveniences I'm happy to have, so long as I am able to enjoy being one of the few to try the newest iOS out.

People still can't believe I'm already on iOS 9.

As I've always been an early adaptor of software and hardware in my circle, having iOS 9 on my device keeps that trend going.

You can go back to 8.3 or 8.4 if you like.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW