iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a FYI, I have had serious battery drain on my iPhone 6 and so last night I decided to disable LTE. That seems to have slowed down the drain but I'll continue to look at other options.

The battery drain will be taken care of in a future update. I have to go to work in a few hours so I will keep it charged until then. Hopefully, the battery will last the entire shift, and I'm sure it will, but we'll see...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The battery drain will be taken care of in a future update. I have to go to work in a few hours so I will keep it charged until then. Hopefully, the battery will last the entire shift, and I'm sure it will, but we'll see...:)

Bring your charger with you just in case :)

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

gettysburg11s

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
For everyone asking - You can get to Siri Proactive if you swipe right from your Home Screen. Interestingly, even though the News app is not in this beta, Proactive does have a News section. Search is now swiping down from the middle of the screen.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Under Settings there are Accessibility options for users to enhance their experience to better suit their needs... #justsayin

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Under Settings there are Accessibility options for users to enhance their experience to better suit their needs... #justsayin

And that helps with regular old fashioned text. But not so much with washed out low contrast text. This is an issue for many people. For some sites in Safari, it can be put in the read mode, and it looks great there. iOS 9 could change that though. Has anyone checked that feature on beta?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when beta 2 will be released or how long it usually takes?
Depends... If there are significant issues that need an immediate fix... A week? Two?? My guess... Developer beta 2 will come out at the same time as the public beta in July...and may even be the same build.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I forgot to unpaid my Apple Watch. After I installed the beta and restored my watch prompted me to pair with the iPhone and allowed me to restore the watch from backup without issue.

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Depends... If there are significant issues that need an immediate fix... A week? Two?? My guess... Developer beta 2 will come out at the same time as the public beta in July...and may even be the same build.

Oh wow that fast? How exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Responses in red, within the quote of your post.

Been running this beta has my daily driver, brave move I know but I was tempted. So far I've noticed alot of bugs has expected.

1) cannot sign into my mail, it crashes every time
I have not experienced this. I have one email account and no crashes (yet).

2) most apps crash due to IOS 9 not being comparable which isn't really a bug
Again, I have not experienced this. Please clarify "most". So far "most" apps work fine, in my experience.

3) spotlight sometimes not working
Agreed. I have seen some wonky behavior with "Search", as it's now called.

4) apps not downloading from App Store.
Again, not my experience. I installed iOS 9 on an old iPhone 5 and used the App Store to redownload a handful of my favorite apps for testing purposes.

5) split screen not working has shown on the demo for the 6 plus.
The "split screen" was not demoed or announced for any iPhone. That is (currently) just an iPad feature.

6) battery drain like crazy
Yep. It's a beta, and is to be expected - especially for beta 1.

As far as stability goes, this is a really good first beta. It will only get better from this point.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I reported yesterday that I was getting about the same battery life...turns out that was a lie, lol. Battery life, as others have reported, is horrific, but I'm not jumping ship just yet, as I kind of expected it.

Honestly, the only issue I've come across that has made me even think about reverting back to iOS 8 is the one where my phone will ring but no controls will show up on the screen to answer or dismiss. This has happened a few times, but a hard restart gets it going properly again.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah outlook is broken
36e2fa3483b7940a22b9c1762aacc462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads