iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Tried to take video 10 sec in crash repeated same thing .. Hard reset fixed .. Noticed you can now hide photos in the photo app .. Battery sucks but then again it's beta so can't really complain ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Also noticed you can change the recording video frame rate and quality in settings .. Not sure what is better but you can do 30 or 60 fps and slow mo is 120 or 240

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried to take video 10 sec in crash repeated same thing .. Hard reset fixed .. Noticed you can now hide photos in the photo app .. Battery sucks but then again it's beta so can't really complain ..

You could hide it in 8.3 too

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. The font is great and indeed easier on my eyes...:)

Not me. I hate low contrast text of any style font. It's too hard to read. If it were a little darker it would be ok. It's like people over 55 be d*mned. It gets old not being able to read stuff. I can't read the blogs here unless I zoom it up real close.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not me. I hate low contrast text of any style font. It's too hard to read. If it were a little darker it would be ok. It's like people over 55 be d*mned. It gets old not being able to read stuff. I can't read the blogs here unless I zoom it up real close.

I hear ya, but hey, I'm approaching that age very fast, my friend.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm restoring back to 8.4, my battery life just took a huge hit (30% in one hour of standby and my phone isn't even hot). I'll be back for beta 2 though.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried disabling anything that helps battery life ? I know it's beta but just curious

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried disabling anything that helps battery life ? I know it's beta but just curious

I've gone through each and every device setting and have made various changes, but not the type where I disable everything. I literally just put my device on the charger with 9% remaining. Final battery stats before placing on the charger is as follows:

Standby: 11 hours, 4 mins.
Usage: 7 hours, 13 mins.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've gone through each and every device setting and have made various changes, but not the type where I disable everything. I literally just put my device on the charger with 9% remaining. Final battery stats before placing on the charger is as follows:

Standby: 11 hours, 4 mins.
Usage: 7 hours, 13 mins.

Much better than me I had to put on charger at 230 from 7am .. Back at 79 now after 3 hours off charger

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have dabbled with every beta since iOS 4 and this is by far the most stable Beta 1 I have seen yet. A few little glitches here and there but as far as stability is concerned I am happy with this Beta.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So I noticed incredible non reproducible battery drain on iPhone 6 Plus.
My apps keep crashing and so does the springboard, it doesn't run very smooth for me and seems to be very unstable. (especially whatsapp, snapchat,..)
It also keeps heating up a lot (noticed even when I listened to music with the new music player, my phone heated up on the right corner on top).
And the carrier doesn't show up anymore, it just shows 'iPhone' instead of the carrier?
It shows whatsapp, snapchat and tumblr background activity - but I switched off background app refresh. And the using times also can't be right.

I did a clean install.

Now I switched on low battery mode to see if it changes anything.

But I like the new font and the lower keys on the keyboard, the new spotlight search area is great imo and there are more things I really like about iOS 9... Especially the new music player. (but it's buggy like everything seems to be buggy)

But is iOS 9 really 'rootless'? Can't find anything about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73