iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I almost want to go back to 8.3 but I'm going to stay on 9 for now. I also have the losing sound issues as well but it's only with my speaker, my headphones are not affected.

Sent from my iPhone 6 (beta testing) using Tapatalk

I'm not experiencing any sound loss issues whether listening to music or talking in the phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at about the same battery life as I was seeing before (around 8 hours if the charge holds true...it's at 4 hours usage and 55% right now). To be honest, this is probably an improvement in battery life because I have been using it A LOT more today than my normal activities would yield day to day...so there might be something to this battery life improvement Apple is claiming.

I'm going to do a test run tomorrow with a full charge and leaving it in low battery usage mode to see if there are any noticeable improvements with the settings it adjusts in said mode.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I found the source of my battery drain... My apps aren't closing properly. I just closed a streaming app the music stopped but as soon as I went to the home screen the stream continued and when I went back into the app it opened back to where it was like it wasn't closed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I found the source of my battery drain... My apps aren't closing properly. I just closed a streaming app the music stopped but as soon as I went to the home screen the stream continued and when I went back into the app it opened back to where it was like it wasn't closed.

Twitch did this earlier...I closed the app, but apparently it was still streaming for some time after I closed it (based on usage %). That's definitely something that needs to be reported.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Twitch did this earlier...I closed the app, but apparently it was still streaming for some time after I closed it (based on usage %). That's definitely something that needs to be reported.

I'm definitely going to report it, then I'm going to try and find a workaround for it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than the battery drain, I'm really liking the initial stability of iOS 9 beta 1.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After looking into the "apps not closing properly" issue, I've found if you close the app while in the app it won't close but if you go to the home screen first then close the app it will actually close properly.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Here are a few issues I'm having my iPhone 6: Carrier doesn't show after a restart sometimes. It only says iPhone and the wifi logo. Battery life is terrible but that's expected. I don't think low power mode works fully yet. The lag in the app switcher only shows when you're close to the home screen tab. Messages has visual issues but nothing too bad. So far so good

zeekjm

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
the new font is so nice, eaiser to read all around, i cannot believe how much i like it, i usually don't think it's that big of a deal, it is.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
the new font is so nice, eaiser to read all around, i cannot believe how much i like it, i usually don't think it's that big of a deal, it is.

Agreed. The font is great and indeed easier on my eyes...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So in the last couple of hours I've developed an incoming call issue where the phone rings but nothing displays on the screen except the wallpaper I use on the home screen (no apps, controls or anything). I restarted my device once and it remedied it but it started doing it again after a couple of test calls...this time I did a hard restart and it took FOREVER to come back from the Apple screen...but it seems to be working properly again (tried 5 test calls and had 2 random calls that came through fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.