iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far the beta has been stable for me, apps are opening faster across the board and performance is a lot better than iOS 8. Sometimes my phone will not wake the first time I press the home button but it will work fine the second time and sometimes the responsiveness is delayed but it's not bad. Battery life isn't that good at the moment (6% per hour on standby) but I'm sure it will get better as the betas go on. Overall I like the changes Apple has made so far.

Sent from my iPhone 6 (beta testing) using Tapatalk

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
What do you like about the new font? I hear it's difficult to read for some who don't have 20/20 vision.

I have an iPhone 6 and the text is perfectly legible. The font is just soothing and extremely smooth, which just looks nice when it's being read. I don't know, but that's just me haha.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If anything the new font is easier to read. The "bold text" option is still available for those having trouble with it, likewise you can still enlarge the text. I don't see what the problem is.

Unless you've got the Beta and you're testing it out, you can't really judge it

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If anything the new font is easier to read. The "bold text" option is still available for those having trouble with it, likewise you can still enlarge the text. I don't see what the problem is.

Unless you've got the Beta and you're testing it out, you can't really judge it

This is going to be different for everyone. Some of us have trouble with font changes. Others do not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Im not a fan of the app switcher at all...something just doesn't feel fluid about it, feels almost like a downgrade compared to what it was before (cosmetically anyways). Hopefully it gets tweaked, because it doesn't do anything for me as it stands.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys realise that there is a certain lag in the app switcher? And also when scrolling up the control center?

Do you realize that this is the first beta release? When you first install the beta, there's a lot of indexing going on in the background. That will definitely slow things down. Once that indexing is complete, you should see some improvement.

Typically, Apple adds the features and over the course of the beta, they tighten things up, and improve functionality/performance.

Of course, as a developer running the beta, you agreed to provide feedback and bug reports to Apple, didn't you?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few things I like and dislike.
Like -
1. I love the new font
2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
3. Loving the new notes application
4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
1. The lag in the app-switcher
2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now :D
P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones

It looks like "Favorites" are gone, but the App/Task switcher has "Recents". It shows the last 4 "recents", and there's a link to Show More which will display 8.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im not a fan of the app switcher at all...something just doesn't feel fluid about it, feels almost like a downgrade compared to what it was before (cosmetically anyways). Hopefully it gets tweaked, because it doesn't do anything for me as it stands.

I don't mind the app switcher but it looks like it doesn't belong on the iPhone.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well I am back on 8.3 on my iPhone 6. Battery drain was really really bad and I kept losing sound. Keeping it on my iPad Air as it has no issues whatsoever.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I am back on 8.3 on my iPhone 6. Battery drain was really really bad and I kept losing sound. Keeping it on my iPad Air as it has no issues whatsoever.

Although, iOS 9 has been running well on my iPhone 6 Plus, the battery drain is noticeable, and being that Tapatalk is consuming 81%, it tells me that the app need to be updated to offset the drainage, although it works well thus far.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Although, iOS 9 has been running well on my iPhone 6 Plus, the battery drain is noticeable, and being that Tapatalk is consuming 81%, it tells me that the app need to be updated to offset the drainage, although it works well thus far.

Settings was my big battery drain as well as home and lock screen. Wondering if it has something to do with the way I did install. I did a clean install on my phone and an update on my iPad. I would think that the clean install would have been better.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Settings > General > Search > uncheck all

Seems to have reduced the battery loss for me, I only did it an hour ago so it's a little early to be sure but it definitely seems to be falling less rapidly

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I almost want to go back to 8.3 but I'm going to stay on 9 for now. I also have the losing sound issues as well but it's only with my speaker, my headphones are not affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73