iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the beta on my iPhone (downloading it on the iPad Air as I type), but I can't seem to find Apple's new 'News' app anywhere on my iPhone. And how does Proactive work? Is there a setting for it, or is it basically working already? I can't find any settings for 'Proactive'

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded the beta on my iPhone (downloading it on the iPad Air as I type), but I can't seem to find Apple's new 'News' app anywhere on my iPhone. And how does Proactive work? Is there a setting for it, or is it basically working already? I can't find any settings for 'Proactive'

The news app hasn't been included yet, it'll probably turn up in future betas. No idea about Proactive, still trying to figure that out myself

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else annoyed that true multitasking only went to the iPad Air 2? I guess the new multitasking for the other iPads (swiping from the right to bring up another app) is better than the double click and swiping through apps, but it still seems half baked considering you can still only use one app at a time.

Also, anyone think multitasking might come to the iPhone 6S/6+S or whatever the new devices will be called?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else annoyed that true multitasking only went to the iPad Air 2? I guess the new multitasking for the other iPads (swiping from the right to bring up another app) is better than the double click and swiping through apps, but it still seems half baked considering you can still only use one app at a time.

Also, anyone think multitasking might come to the iPhone 6S/6+S or whatever the new devices will be called?

I'm guessing the 6s Plus will get the iPad Multi-Tasking. It's restricted to iPad Air 2 at the moment and that's probably because it has 2GB of RAM.

My 6 Plus did get the two finger keyboard track pad thing which is nice

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
New keyboard is nice. Finally the shift key works how it should have always worked. The trackpad function is real nice also. Would like to see low power toggle in control center. Battery life so far is decent but less battery life is to be expected. Did not get an alert to leave for work even though it is in my calendar with the address to my office so maybe that function is not available yet. Overall very smooth for a first beta with no issues so far. Would also like to be able to slide through favorite contacts on search screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the 6s Plus will get the iPad Multi-Tasking. It's restricted to iPad Air 2 at the moment and that's probably because it has 2GB of RAM.

My 6 Plus did get the two finger keyboard track pad thing which is nice

Could this be a clue that at least the 6s Plus may have 2 gb of RAM?

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is. I showed my fianc? iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.

The show preview options basically shows the letter you're typing to pop-up. Because if you've noticed, the keyboard letters don't pop up now, if that option is off. I prefer not having the option on, it makes typing feel even better.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Here are a few things I like and dislike.
Like -
1. I love the new font
2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
3. Loving the new notes application
4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
1. The lag in the app-switcher
2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now :D
P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Like -
1. I love the new font
2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

Did you restore before install? I have no lag in app switcher and iCloud is fine.
Have used 30% battery in 2.5 hours while streaming podcasts. Not as good as I was getting on the 6 plus but not terrible and less battery is to be expected since this is just the first beta.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a huge problem. My phone won't charge! If I unplug and plug a bunch of times or reboot phone it will charge for a few minutes. Then stop charging! Uh oh! Positive it isn't the cable. This is since IOS 9. Restored twice.

FYI: i had to get the code from sprint to get the phone back on their network. Minor inconvenience there.

EDIT: Charging now. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Like -
1. I love the new font

Dislike -

What do you like about the new font? I hear it's difficult to read for some who don't have 20/20 vision.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What do you like about the new font? I hear it's difficult to read for some who don't have 20/20 vision.

I would agree it's harder to read for 40+ or near sighted. On 6+ in zoomed mode it works well. More of the core os is obeying the custom font size as well.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I no longer have my work iPhone but still want to install beta 1 on the personal iPhone 6 once I can confirm that it won't break connectivity with my Apple watch - can anyone please confirm this for me please?
TIA

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I didn't unpair it myself but the phone restore did. One nice thing though is it asked me if I wanted to restore the watch backup. Worked great. Then upgraded to 2.0 and had to re-pair again. Restore backup worked again. I didn't skip the first watch restore for fear that I would lose the watch backup in the process. Maybe it would have worked by going right to 2 then restore backup I don't know.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I no longer have my work iPhone but still want to install beta 1 on the personal iPhone 6 once I can confirm that it won't break connectivity with my Apple watch - can anyone please confirm this for me please?
TIA

It will still work. You will have to repair the watch. See above about my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods