iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does the music app have the new look and just none of the functionality yet? I was hoping they would let devs test out the new music service like they did with the iOS 7 beta and we could use iTunes Radio.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

It has the new look...but it's buggy, all the control buttons in mine were sort of flickering and blinking while it sat stationary. Everything seems to work as it should though.

IMG_5066.jpg

...also, at least on mine, there is ZERO landscape functionality. When you turn it into landscape mode, it just stays in normal orientation and nothing changes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I had a few things in Newsstand, and it created a new folder and put the individual subscription apps in there like a normal app square. I just deleted them because I forgot I even subscribed to them (haven't used it in forever, lol!). As soon as I deleted all of them, the "Newsstand" square disappeared for eternity (hopefully, lol).

That's good to know. I'm hoping they don't integrate it with the news app because I don't like that Flipboard style. I subscribe to a couple of things that I read every day.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they seem to have removed contacts from the app switcher completely. Swiping right brings up a list of 4 contacts now though, not sure how it works out which contacts to show

Probably the most recently contacted. There's also a Show More button above the contacts that expands the view to include 8 contacts and 6 apps - basically it gives you 2 lines of each.

Discovered some issues with the contacts on that screen. Tapping on one gives you the option to view info, call or text. But when you return to the screen, there are only 7 contacts displaying, and I haven't seen the missing contact come back.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is. I showed my fianc? iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems that anytime I try to type something in the spotlight search field, the first letter input does not register, and I have to hit the letter/number again a second time for it to register...this happened 9 times out of 10 that I tried.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is.

This shows the key "popup" on the keyboard as you type - if you tap the 'C' key, you get a little popup box that shows the 'C' character that you just typed. When you turn it off, you don't get the effect - all you see is the key you pressed appearing in the text box.

Are you seeing the predictive text bar? I don't see it on any keyboard in any of the apps that I've tried (Search, Messages, Email, Safari).

I showed my fianc? iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.

I hear that. My wife's the same way. "Why do I need to upgrade?"

anon(9056783)

Banned
Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,, I have a quick question.. How will Siri know that you took photos of Eddy, or some person?? How do you tag them in Photos?? In iOS9, Siri will be able to bring up photos for queries like "Show me the Photos which i took in Eva's Birthday Party" "Show me the Photos of Eddy cue which i took last June".. Please clarify!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,, I have a quick question.. How will Siri know that you took photos of Eddy, or some person?? How do you tag them in Photos?? In iOS9, Siri will be able to bring up photos for queries like "Show me the Photos which i took in Eva's Birthday Party" "Show me the Photos of Eddy cue which i took last June".. Please clarify!

The photos Moments use date stamps. That identifies the time frame. I believe you also have to use Faces to identify the people in the photos.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This beta includes the option for a 6-digit passcode as well as 4-digit, custom alphanumeric and custom numeric codes.

If you just go to Settings > Passcode, then go to Change Passcode and then select Passcode options, you see this screen which included the 6-digit passcode.

And I have iOS 9 beta 1 installed on an iPhone 5.

IMG_0026.jpg

Woobsters

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I have a question. Does anyone know if iOS 9 beta 1 have the new streaming music Apple Music running in the beta where we can test/use it? or do we still have to wait till the 30th. I have 8.4 beta 3 installed but it only has the music App not the new Apple Music with Beats1 radio and on demand streaming.

Woobsters

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought the new Apple Music app would be in 8.4. beta 3 but it's not on mine. Not sure if it just appears on June 30th or if I am just missing it.

cutemoto

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the way you type on the keyboard on iOS 9, the keyboard doesn't pop out at you like it did in iOS 8. It feels like I've not touched the right letter.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Does the music app have the new look and just none of the functionality yet? I was hoping they would let devs test out the new music service like they did with the iOS 7 beta and we could use iTunes Radio.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I suspect the streaming/new music services will be added on June 30th. There's none of that stuff in iOS 9 either.

I don't like the way you type on the keyboard on iOS 9, the keyboard doesn't pop out at you like it did in iOS 8. It feels like I've not touched the right letter.

Settings > General > Keyboard > Character Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox