iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
0a501ef43fd3e429b40c4805ae82c0a8.jpg

Noticed now in the battery settings it shows the screen time. Finally like Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
After a full night of charging I woke up to a 79% battery. Other lags and hiccups here and there but thankfully no major crashes or reboots.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed another little thing in setting they've added 30 seconds to the auto-lock options.

Puntoboy

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Couple of notes from me.

iPhone 6
1. As mentioned above, battery usage is dreadful and on my device is appears to be the Home & Lock screen using the battery the most.
2. Touch ID for AppStore purchases doesn't work. I was getting constantly prompted for my Apple ID and it just wouldn't accept it. As soon as I turned off Touch ID for purchases I was able to enter my Apple ID and it worked. Touch ID is working fine for everything else.

iPad Air 2
Haven't noticed anything untoward.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No computer. First time in over thirty years. I hate it.

I have no working Puter. I have an old Dell laptop that's messed up. I don't really need it for much. Mostly just for iTunes use. I may see if I can use my sister's computer. She uses a Droid, so she could download iTunes for me. :D

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Been running this beta has my daily driver, brave move I know but I was tempted. So far I've noticed alot of bugs has expected.
1) cannot sign into my mail, it crashes every time
2) most apps crash due to IOS 9 not being comparable which isn't really a bug
3) spotlight sometimes not working
4) apps not downloading from App Store.
5) split screen not working has shown on the demo for the 6 plus.
6) battery drain like crazy

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I noticed incredible non reproducible battery drain on iPhone 6 Plus.
My apps keep crashing and so does the springboard, it doesn't run very smooth for me and seems to be very unstable. (especially whatsapp, snapchat,..)
It also keeps heating up a lot (noticed even when I listened to music with the new music player, my phone heated up on the right corner on top).
And the carrier doesn't show up anymore, it just shows 'iPhone' instead of the carrier?
It shows whatsapp, snapchat and tumblr background activity - but I switched off background app refresh. And the using times also can't be right.

I did a clean install.

Now I switched on low battery mode to see if it changes anything.

But I like the new font and the lower keys on the keyboard, the new spotlight search area is great imo and there are more things I really like about iOS 9... Especially the new music player. (but it's buggy like everything seems to be buggy)

But is iOS 9 really 'rootless'? Can't find anything about that.

You shouldn't be surprised in regard to 3rd-party app performance. After all, they'll have to be updated for iOS 9. As for the other issues, try erasing all contents and settings and then restore from a backup you made prior to installing iOS 9 and see how your device run.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not able to request desktop site from safari?

I just tried it and was unable to. The option isn't available like before when you tapped on the address bar, swiped down and then select the request desktop view option.

hornet38

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Just a FYI, I have had serious battery drain on my iPhone 6 and so last night I decided to disable LTE. That seems to have slowed down the drain but I'll continue to look at other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.