iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I'm having major battery drain issues on my iPhone 6. Also, when it's plugged in charging it is running very, very hot.

I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues. Trying to figure out if by coincidence something happened to my battery or if others are having the same issues.

I've closed all background apps and that makes no noticeable difference in battery life. Also, the battery saver feature doesn't make any noticeable difference either.

You're not alone. Others have complained of the same thing. My iPhone 6 Plus got warm twice, but never "hot". While at work earlier, the phone was in my back pocket. I took it out to read something and noticed that it was quite warm. The next thing I know, I was looking at the white Apple logo...:)....it has been fine ever since though, and I still consider it an excellent beta 1 version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got the terrible battery drain issue on both my iPhone and my watch. Barely make it through the work day.
I'm being optimistic but I've currently done two things that seem to be helping....I've turned off all the search items as suggested previously and rather than disabling mobile data I've turned off 4G/LTE. I did both of these together so not sure which one has helped tbh.
I took both devices off charge two hours ago and my phone hasn't dropped at all and even my watch is still at 99%. Not quite sure why changing the phone settings would make the watch stop draining though.
I am going to wait until tomorrow and see how it goes at work and try turning the searches back on at lunch time if it's stable and see how it goes.

Are you running WatchOS 2.0?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I installed iOS 9 onto iPad Air yesterday, I agree that the battery drain is high, but this is a beta 1 so no surprises. Given the limited improvements for my iPhone 6, I decided to hold back and wait until next beta (this is very hard to do).

A few apps don't work, but that is to be expected, key thing is all the apple apps work just fine.

I love the new keyboard, slide over app (sadly not active active split view in iPad Air), bluetooth keyboard shortcuts, great advanced search, new battery shaming features (shows how long app was on screen to give you a feeling of usage), search in settings ( long overdue, just need to remember/learn to use it) and I'm sure i've missed a few things that I'm liking.

No complaints at this point, it's exactly where it should be for a beta 1.

I know these are unlikely, however I'd love to see these features added at some point:

* Bluetooth, ability to prioritise devices, stop playing that what bluetooth device has my audio feed
* Bluetooth, ability to ensure that once your iPhone is sharing audio with a device, it locks and can't automatically change to another device
* Wireless, again a priority, to force my device to use my home or work WIFI rather than my MyFI should I forget to turn it off
* Podcast app, ability to skip forward 30 seconds rather than 15 & ability to open into a default playlist (i use iCatcher and Overcast instead)
* Safari, more gestures to allow navigation

Happy beta'ing to everyone.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is definitely much worse in the beta, but as others have stated, that is expected.

I've also run into some issues with apps that need to connect to facebook (for example) to log in, etc. (like Tinder for example haha)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've actually decided to go back to iOS 8...too many little odd and end bugs and inefficient processes (combined with the battery life). Might try out one of the later betas, but right now, I need my iPhone back...lol. I got in my car today and had all kinds of issues playing music (first it said it couldn't "Complete the action", then it said the music library was not accessible or something like that).

Few other things since yesterday...

- Video recording counter doesn't work most of the time (last night at Braves game I had to just assume it was recording...and I ended up missing a couple of good videos I wanted)
- Siri pops up extremely easily when trying to unlock the phone with the finger print scanner then gets hung up for a few seconds
- Phone continues to have the issue where when it rings, the answer or hang up buttons do not show up
- Music app is wonky in all kinds of ways (controls for the radio station stuff behave strangely or sometimes do not respond at all), volume adjuster kind of has a mind of it's own
- Like reported above, the flash does not function in the "auto" setting...only when set to "on". Found this out taking a picture last night after the game.
- Search function is not smooth (definitely just because it's early beta), but sometimes the search screen will get stuck and then when it finally goes away, the phone is in landscape mode

...that's all I can think of at this time. Battery life is atrocious, but I have no doubt that will be addressed with further releases...I just can't live with it personally.

floridabuyer

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Successfully installed on ipad air 2. I cannot make split screen work but I can get the left pullover out. Has anyone had success with the full split screen?

davidrhyswhite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Successfully installed on ipad air 2. I cannot make split screen work but I can get the left pullover out. Has anyone had success with the full split screen?

Works better on my iPad than my iPhone, nowhere near the battery drain. Split screen is working but remember you can only do split screen with Apple installed apps.

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Works better on my iPad than my iPhone, nowhere near the battery drain. Split screen is working but remember you can only do split screen with Apple installed apps.

I can't seem to access split screen on iPad even with pages and notes for example, how come?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Puntoboy

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have split screen and PiP working on my Air 2. Not entirely sure how I got split screen to work but PiP was pretty straight forward. With a video on full screen there is an icon next to the full screen icon in the bar at the bottom of the video. Just tap that.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to access split screen on iPad even with pages and notes for example, how come?

Spilt screen is only available on the iPad Air 2 & higher.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Going back to 8.4 thought I could try and wait it out with beta 1 till 2 dropped but the battery life is just so crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Going back to 8.4 thought I could try and wait it out with beta 1 till 2 dropped but the battery life is just so crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using low battery mode to see me through till beta 2, can't be bothered to downgrade

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As beta testers, I hope you're all reporting all the crappiness you run across to Apple.

That's an interesting point. What's the best way to do that?

Reporting bugs? I thought beta testers had a report bugs option. I'm not on beta.

Registered Devlopers know what to do... Public Beta users have an app for that... People who've finagled the beta via a developer or paid a 3rd party to register their UDID are left out of bug reporting and thus resort to bug reporting/complaining on forums like this that Apple will likely never read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR