Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My EE WiFi calling isnt working. Anyone in US on T Mobile or EE see this working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an intense hatred of any screen being left of my home screen on any device. It's one of the main reasons why I added Nova Prime Launcher to my Android devices.

Now, by swiping left, I get to a new search function that is EXACTLY the same as swiping down from mid of the screen.

Please, please, please, Apple, give me a way of disabling the swipe left, I detest it!

It might seem minor to most folks but to me, it's almost a reason not to upgrade to iOS 9. Yes I feel very strongly about it. :(

EDIT: So I learned that it is supposed to be populated with stuff. Ugh, even worse. Mine isn't though, no matter how many times I reboot or leave it alone to 'populate'. It never does.

I guess i'll have to get used to it up until the point a jailbreak is available and a tweak to remove this function is released.

Man, I feel your pain.

I just noticed tonight that the search summoned by swiping down on the home screen also includes "Siri app suggestions", similar to those found on the Search screen (swiping left to right on home screen). None of the other stuff (contacts, nearby, news info) are there, however. This addition is new to beta 3.

For me, the annoying part is not that swipe left to right Search is there, but that there are 2 different search screens accessed by similar but different methods. It can be confusing and looks "amateurish" IMO.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
On the feedback app I requested that you can toggle how to access the search screen. Much prefer swipe down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Man, I feel your pain.

I just noticed tonight that the search summoned by swiping down on the home screen also includes "Siri app suggestions", similar to those found on the Search screen (swiping left to right on home screen). None of the other stuff (contacts, nearby, news info) are there, however. This addition is new to beta 3.

For me, the annoying part is not that swipe left to right Search is there, but that there are 2 different search screens accessed by similar but different methods. It can be confusing and looks "amateurish" IMO.

I totally agree. If there is a way of disabling the swipe left screen entirely, I will be a happy bunny. Failing that, please, Apple, include all this rubbish in the swipe down search bar, with the same options to toggle it off in Siri Suggestions.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This is smoother and faster than the developer betas?

No it's the same thing but with different build numbers. The public beta can by installed OTA to start with but the developer beta has to be installed using iTunes first. I think that the developer beta doesn't have a a feedback assistant either.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Find my iPhone and the feedback assistant keep logging out by themselves. Apple should've put more attention to this since its been happening since the iOS 8 betas from last year.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else think that it would be really convenient to have Low Battery Mode in the Control Center and part of the first section of settings in the settings app?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have this bug when I use the return to the previous app option from the top left of the screen after getting redirected from another app. After going back to the app using this feature, the multitasking screen starts to close automatically every time I attempt to open it.

rritter72

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I only put the beta on my iPad Air, and so far no major issues. My Xfinity app crashes but other than that no problems. I am not seeing the low power mode on my iPad. Anyone else missing it on the iPad?

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
These are the issues I have had so far. The safari one was a doozy. I couldn't do anything on my phone. I couldn't even turn it off. Finally it allowed me to and I had to reboot my phone to make it usable again iMoreAppImg_20150710_221655.jpg

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I am having MAJOR issues with safari. It keeps force closing and won't load. Only been happening since I updated to the ios9 beta

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just installed a different Web browser. I can't keep using safari anymore. I just tried to use it and my phone stopped working altogether and wouldn't turn back on until I held the home and power button together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro