Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsr95

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been downloading for hours. My iPad got an error twice and had to keep restarting the download. My iPhone still says 2hrs remain. This is murder.

raywalther

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having install issues? I tried downloading OTA and after it installs and goes to restart its stuck on the Apple logo. When i plug it in it vibrates every 5 or so seconds. Had to enter DFU to restore to 8.4 and my backup and now I have a 1 on the settings badge even though its on the latest software

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for the public beta a month or so ago. I never received an email about the release. Is it available OTA?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I love the new App Switcher. the News app is pretty interesting but I dislike it installed another five irremovable apps on my phone though, although I am guessing that some of them are just re-purposed apps we had before, like NewsStand.

Find iPhone used to be a suggested app, now it's mandatory. I have no idea what Find Friends is but I don't want it. Obviously the Feedback app will go once the iteration goes to live (I hope).

Some nice touches to the keyboard too; finally having lower case letters displayed on the keyboard is much more preferable to me. The addition of the Carplay functrions and the Battery low power mode indicators in settings is interesting too. All I need is a car that supports any kind of Bluetooth connection and i'm good to go!

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm feeling some type of way about this font. It's definitely different. I'll play around with other things tomorrow at work

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i am enrolled in the beta and I have assistant app on my home screen but when I go to the settings and try to update to iOS 9 it's says "iOS 8.4 is update to date" any help in getting iOS 9 to come threw?

iPhone 6 and I have the profile installed, I have rebooted the device, removed the profile and installed it again and still no iOS 9. Any help?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
When swipe left from the home screen nothing shows. Bug? And where is the news app?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When swipe left from the home screen nothing shows. Bug? And where is the news app?

Swiping left from the home screen (Search), it may take a bit to populate. Keep trying.

With regard to the News app, it appears to be a US-only thing at this point. If you are not in the US, the only way to get it is to change your Region to US (Settings > General > Language & Region > Region > United States).

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Swiping left from the home screen (Search), it may take a bit to populate. Keep trying.

With regard to the News app, it appears to be a US-only thing at this point. If you are not in the US, the only way to get it is to change your Region to US (Settings > General > Language & Region > Region > United States).

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an intense hatred of any screen being left of my home screen on any device. It's one of the main reasons why I added Nova Prime Launcher to my Android devices.

Now, by swiping left, I get to a new search function that is EXACTLY the same as swiping down from mid of the screen.

Please, please, please, Apple, give me a way of disabling the swipe left, I detest it!

It might seem minor to most folks but to me, it's almost a reason not to upgrade to iOS 9. Yes I feel very strongly about it. :(

EDIT: So I learned that it is supposed to be populated with stuff. Ugh, even worse. Mine isn't though, no matter how many times I reboot or leave it alone to 'populate'. It never does.

I guess i'll have to get used to it up until the point a jailbreak is available and a tweak to remove this function is released.

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I also do not have anything when I swype left on my phone except for the search bar. Weird. At least I know I'm not the only one

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I also do not have anything when I swype left on my phone except for the search bar. Weird. At least I know I'm not the only one

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Reboot the phone I was same way and then it showed .. I'm missing news but I'm going to give it some time to learn or populate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR