Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Public Beta

From my forum moderating point of view... I've seen fewer issues with Public Beta users here on iOS8 than there were with previous iterations of iOS that had no Public Beta...

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully Apple changes their tune and doesn't offer a public beta for iOS 9.

I actually think a public beta is a VERY good idea. It allows more people to test the betas and report any issues back to Apple that they are experiencing which means that there will be a larger amount of people giving feedback. The more feedback the better because apple will have a wider range of issues people are reporting and thus there will eventually be a more stable and more bug free final version

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The beta.apple.com web site is saying "We'll be back." right now so release is imminent...

If you've previously signed up - you can always go to that site and try a log-on with your AppleID... worst that can happen is you won't be able to log in...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

For those of us with iOS 9b3 on their device, what to do? Stay on it or switch over to the public Beta?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Now available via beta.apple.com - log in with your AppleID - enroll your devices and be on your way to beta happiness...

Last edited:

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the update. I go back and forth as to whether I want to give the beta a shot. Maybe I'll wait to hear how it's working for others before I take the plunge.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume the Public beta is the same as beta 3, and if so, it's is an excellent build and should be quite stable on compatible iOS devices, in my opinion. I was using beta 2 as a daily driver, but beta 3 is darn near perfect on my iPhone. Anyway, whoever opts to install the public beta, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do an iCloud and/or iTunes backup of your current setup FIRST!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me what the build number is for 5s devices?
If it's a newer build than iOS 9b3 I want to give it a try as Internet banking doesn't work on this build (13A4293g)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Can someone tell me what the build number is for 5s devices?
If it's a newer build than iOS 9b3 I want to give it a try as Internet banking doesn't work on this build (13A4293g)

13A4293g is the current build number! So you are already on it.

What doesn't work with internet banking?

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I want to try the public beta and I am following all the instructions as this is my first time with a beta and dont want anything to get FUBAR'd on my phone. It says that I should manually backup to iTunes and to "archive" that backup in case I want to go back to 8.4. The problem is when I control click on my backup it doesnt give me the option to archive, anyone know anything about this? do I really need to archive it or will the backup just be available if I want to go back?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Wtf. I didn't get an email from apple. Does that mean I don't get to download it :( I signed up when they first announced the public beta so I don't get it

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wtf. I didn't get an email from apple.
I got email from Apple about the Public Beta about 20 minutes ago... Go to the beta.apple.com site - try and sign in with your AppleID and password - worst thing that will happen is it won't let you proceed.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I got email from Apple about the Public Beta about 20 minutes ago... Go to the beta.apple.com site - try and sign in with your AppleID and password - worst thing that will happen is it won't let you proceed.

If so that is absolutely ridiculous. I signed up for the public beta program for ios9 the day it went live

Status
Not open for further replies.