Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Public Beta

I STILL have not received any email from apple. Should I have received an email by now or will I receive it once the public beta is released?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Don't worry, it says "Thank you for joining the Apple Beta Software Program. The iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan Public Betas are coming soon to the Apple Beta Software Program. We will contact you via email when they are available for download"

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Don't worry, it says "Thank you for joining the Apple Beta Software Program. The iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan Public Betas are coming soon to the Apple Beta Software Program. We will contact you via email when they are available for download"

Thank you for the answer. I was getting paranoid 😂

shorski

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

Are there restrictions on device compatibility with iOS 9?
I have a 4s and would love to test this

EDIT: Got my answer. It's compatible.

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Do you think the public beta might come out with the third developer beta next week?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

With an iOS device it's a simple matter of restoring from a backup if the beta jives with your device, but can the same be done for those who wish to test El Capitan?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Amazed/relieved that it's been "July" for 12 hours already and no "it's July, where's the public beta?" posts yet.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

With an iOS device it's a simple matter of restoring from a backup if the beta jives with your device, but can the same be done for those who wish to test El Capitan?

The best way to install a OSX beta is partitions - look it up on imore or google, if you cannot find decent instructions post a thread in the forum and I will try to get back with instructions if needed.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

The funny thing is I just posted an article about that very same topic not too long ago. I had completely forgotten I did though. Silly me. Thank you for reminding this senile old man.

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I'd just like to say, almost all of the kinks in iOS 9 have been worked out so far (in the Dev beta at least)

I encourage everybody to try the public beta. I think this iOS is almost perfect

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'd just like to say, almost all of the kinks in iOS 9 have been worked out so far (in the Dev beta at least)

I encourage everybody to try the public beta. I think this iOS is almost perfect

Be careful encouraging 'everybody' to install 'unfinished software' on their devices. Their experience might not be as trouble-free as ours.

mustang7757

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone run into when the apps update they ask for my password and still don't update until I delete the app and download again.. Is there a easier solution?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone run into when the apps update they ask for my password and still don't update until I delete the app and download again.. Is there a easier solution?

I've not seen it with iOS 9 beta. I've had it happen a time or two over the years with beta releases. It's not a regular thing, at least for me. Since I install beta releases on a test device, I either wait and try it later or if it's something that I want to look at right away, I will delete the app and reinstall. Not a big deal from where I sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73