Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Wow. My keyboard just popped up in settings lmao.

I'm jealous of all you people that seem to have a completely fine beta. Mine is beyond buggy lmao iMoreAppImg_20150710_225517.jpg

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Dude, re-download the .ipsw file and then reinstall it. It's possible that you have a corrupted download.

How do I uninstall it from my phone? Do I need to factory reset or what? Also where do I download the ipsw file from cause the instructions I got from apple were for downloading ota

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do I uninstall it from my phone? Do I need to factory reset or what? Also where do I download the ipsw file from cause the instructions I got from apple were for downloading ota
I'm not using the public beta so I was unaware that you installed it OTA. I assume you can put the device in recovery mode and have it reinstalled via iTunes. Having said that, if iTunes somehow reinstalls iOS 8.4 then you already know you can then re-install the public beta OTA. Hopefully, someone who is on the 'public beta' can verify this.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Still nothing. Oh well. Guess I have a bug. I just don't see much to this os. Not many new features at all

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using the public beta so I was unaware that you installed it OTA. I assume you can put the device in recovery mode and have it reinstalled via iTunes. Having said that, if iTunes somehow reinstalls iOS 8.4 then you already know you can then re-install the public beta OTA. Hopefully, someone who is on the 'public beta' can verify this.

I'm currently restoring and updating my phone and it's restoring back to 8.4

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently restoring and updating my phone and it's restoring back to 8.4

Oh okay. Are you going to do another OTA update to the public beta after iTunes finishes installing 8.4?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh okay. Are you going to do another OTA update to the public beta after iTunes finishes installing 8.4?

Yes I am. I'm hoping now that the website is no longer congested and is actually running smoothly that I won't have issues this time

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks. Still nothing. Oh well. Guess I have a bug. I just don't see much to this os. Not many new features at all

I downloaded the beta about 17 hrs before anything showed up. As of right now, some of the best features are iPad only. I wonder how much is going to make it the the 6s and 6s Plus. They should both have 2gb RAM so the dual screen, pip stuff should work fine.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yes I am. I'm hoping now that the website is no longer congested and is actually running smoothly that I won't have issues this time

Mine has been running pretty smooth so far. I do have a small issue that if I need to reboot it takes a while before I can actually enter my passcode. The screen seems frozen for about 7 seconds. I haven't had any of the Safari issues you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice