Help With "My Info" When Using Shared Contact List

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I share a set of contacts by sharing an iCloud account. We each have our own iCloud account for our individual devices, and we also share a common iCloud account for contacts, calendars, notes, etc. We have had this set up since we first got iPhones back in 2009.

The problem is that I set "My Info" under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars to point to my entry in our shared contacts list. However, when we look at her entry under "My Info" in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, it also points to my contact list entry. If she corrects hers to point to herself, it changes mine, as well.

I know there has to be a solution, and I suspect that it has to do with Family Share, but I haven't been able to find it and set it up correctly. Can anyone help?

My wife and I share a set of contacts by sharing an iCloud account. We each have our own iCloud account for our individual devices, and we also share a common iCloud account for contacts, calendars, notes, etc. We have had this set up since we first got iPhones back in 2009.

The problem is that I set "My Info" under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars to point to my entry in our shared contacts list. However, when we look at her entry under "My Info" in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, it also points to my contact list entry. If she corrects hers to point to herself, it changes mine, as well.

I know there has to be a solution, and I suspect that it has to do with Family Share, but I haven't been able to find it and set it up correctly. Can anyone help?