My iPhone will sometimes load very old emails, then spend hours loading more current emails. Why does this do this?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone will sometimes load very old emails, then spend hours loading more current emails.

The problem emerged when I updated to OS8.3 recently. I don't know what triggers these events, but they are a real pain because they monopolize my phone for several hours during the process of loading every old email from 2011 forward.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iPhone will sometimes load very old emails, then spend hours loading more current emails.

I have no idea why that's happening to you because I've never experienced that. Having said that, if you have an Outlook.com email account, and you go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars on your iPhone and then select the Outlook.com account, you will see a "Mail Days to Sync" option. If you tap on that and select "No Limit", your iPhone will then sync with ALL of the email that's in that account. Unless you need to instantly access that amount of email, it's best to select the "month" option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner