iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you notice the following...

Updates are available in App Store, you update them and they have the blue dot to show updated against the app icon on your home screen and an hr or so later the same app showing an update! Happens all the time with Instagram and social media apps and things like Skype. Surely can't be that they release two updates an hr or so apart every time?

Sorry not sure if this is iOS 8.3 related or not so I've put it in here.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Updates are available in App Store, you update them and they have the blue dot to show updated against the app icon on your home screen and an hr or so later the same app showing an update! Happens all the time with Instagram and social media apps and things like Skype. Surely can't be that they release two updates an hr or so apart every time?

It's not an iOS 8.3 issue because I experienced it a few times prior to the latest iOS version with the Slack app.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I noticed yesterday that Instagram updated twice within hours for me and once more today.

I honestly think they find a bug that requires them to do an immediate update. I hear developers can pay extra for expedited approval.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
BreakingKayfabe / Just_Me_D

Cheers guys I did hope this was the case and that it wasn't just me affected but I have nobody to compare as none of my friends even bother with app updates never mind doing it daily!

I have noticed it in the past but definitely more recently. It seems to be the usual suspects with Instagram being one of the biggest offenders. As you mentioned I had a couple within hours of each other today as well. I've also had the following issue recently whereby I've got an app update and I perform the update and the app icon has the blue dot but the App Store still reports an update available even though the app has a blue dot to highlight its been updated so I presume they've pulled a release within minutes and released another just minutes later!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed it for the past few months. Happens all the time to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many app changes going on now. Probably due to the Watch. A lot of updates with follow up updates for bugs and stuff.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Instagram updated itself twice yesterday for sure.
01a29b051785ea9e723668d8880670e2.jpg

Jaws48

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Not happy with 8.3. Two issues. 1. My external Dual GPS receiver stopped working. It still connects via Bluetooth but does not send location info to either of the two map programs I use. 2. Battery life has reduced significantly requiring charge mid to late afternoon.

Downgraded back to 8.2 to solve those issues. The 8.2 bugs I can live with but no GPS and short battery life I can not.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not happy with 8.3. Two issues. 1. My external Dual GPS receiver stopped working. It still connects via Bluetooth but does not send location info to either of the two map programs I use. 2. Battery life has reduced significantly requiring charge mid to late afternoon.

Downgraded back to 8.2 to solve those issues. The 8.2 bugs I can live with but no GPS and short battery life I can not.

I do not use any external GPS, but my battery life is as good or better than it was on 8.2.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The external gps issues is a known bug... Garmin released some firmware updates for their GLO that was supposed to make it work... My BadElf device had issues with 8.3 that are solved with the 8.4 public beta... So, a fix appears to be in for the GPS issue.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've honestly never noticed any difference in battery performance on any update ever! I do think a lot of the improvement people think they have is due to their device being rebooted for the first time in ages and quitting a bunch of background battery draining apps from running.

anon(7937737)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got UConnect in a Jeep and find that I don't get sounds on my iPhone 5S when paired to Bluetooth in my car. I don't get text or email sounds when they come in. Anyone know if this is normal or did I just miss that in the fine print?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got UConnect in a Jeep and find that I don't get sounds on my iPhone 5S when paired to Bluetooth in my car. I don't get text or email sounds when they come in. Anyone know if this is normal or did I just miss that in the fine print?

I have my 5S paired up via BT in my Kia, and when it's connected there are no alerts for email, reminders, texts etc. the only sounds I will get is when a call comes in. I believe the BT mutes other sounds for safety reasons as not to distract the driver.

Yah know how some people have to respond to their phone the second an email or text comes in and they don't care if they're driving or not😒 that's very frustrating when your the person driving behind them....and dangerous to others as well !! So I don't mind this feature at all because I am one to not pay any mind to my phone while driving.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my 5S paired up via BT in my Kia, and when it's connected there are no alerts for email, reminders, texts etc. the only sounds I will get is when a call comes in. I believe the BT mutes other sounds for safety reasons as not to distract the driver.

Yah know how some people have to respond to their phone the second an email or text comes in and they don't care if they're driving or not that's very frustrating when your the person driving behind them....and dangerous to others as well !! So I don't mind this feature at all because I am one to not pay any mind to my phone while driving.

You are spot-on, my friend...:)...Having said that, some vehicles will allow for notifications sounds when the device is connected to the vehicle with a cable or wirelessly if the Bluetooth Audio feature is enabled. The only downside to the latter is you can't listen to the vehicle's radio. Anyway, getting the Watch solves the notification problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal