iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Carriers here in the US get the last betas of iOS that they have to "sign off" on before Apple releases...

Really? Are you sure about that? I've never heard of that so will take your word for it but I can't see how that would even be possible. It's normally a matter of days between the GM Beta release and the official public release and I can't imagine carriers being that quick to sign off never mind update and test against their carrier settings and network etc. I'm sure most will agree that it seems to take forever for most large companies to perform any tasks nowadays and even then needing to be chased for a response.

Here in the UK there's probably a dozen or so carriers and it just wouldn't be possible unless we waited months for all to test and sign off on. I'm sure there are some form of sign off on big development builds and the introduction of new devices but not for every iOS release.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Now that it has been over a week with 8.3 I will again emphasize how this update feels very 7.1ish. iOS 8 has been optimized very well with this. Kudos to Apple for fixing some of the little annoying quirks.

I have to admit, you're right. This update feels amazingly smooth. Didn't think it would, but I was wrong. I'm impressed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok that's a little different to your earlier post which implied all iOS releases required US carriers sign off.
I don't know for certain on point releases...I'm fairly certain carriers get access to betas for those too and if they find something they too can report their issues to Apple for fixes.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Is it now possible to remove the Apple Watch app?

Sorry for quoting an earlier post, but there is a way to hide this app from your home screen. Follow these instructions:

1. Make sure Apple Watch app is on the second screen of home screen.
2. Put the app in a folder with another app on the first screen.
3. While in "edit mode", pull the watch app down bro the dock.
4. Release and it's gone. It will still show up in the spotlight search, however. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for quoting an earlier post, but there is a way to hide this app from your home screen. Follow these instructions:

1. Make sure Apple Watch app is on the second screen of home screen.
2. Put the app in a folder with another app on the first screen.
3. While in "edit mode", pull the watch app down bro the dock.
4. Release and it's gone. It will still show up in the spotlight search, however. Hope this helps. :)

Makes no sense. First put it on the 2nd screen. Then with another on first screen. Pull down... What edit mode?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429327905.053365.jpg This is what I'm calling "edit mode". Take the Apple Watch app out from there and put it in the dock and watch it go bye bye. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Put the Apple Watch app on the second page of iOS if it isn't already there and move it to the first page of iOS. That's just what I've read and did to make it go away. Don't know if it's truly necessary.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 80207 This is what I'm calling "edit mode". Take the Apple Watch app out from there and put it in the dock and watch it go bye bye. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Put the Apple Watch app on the second page of iOS if it isn't already there and move it to the first page of iOS. That's just what I've read and did to make it go away. Don't know if it's truly necessary.

I'll have to try that with Newsstand. Here's what I had done with the Watch app before I decided to get one. It's deep in a nested folder!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429331459.789718.jpg
Then
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429331583.453546.jpg
Then
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429331602.086660.jpg
Then
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429331691.020271.jpg
Then
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429331758.416753.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I just looked up a video to see how to do this. Awesome! Thanks. If I reboot the phone will the nested folders un-nest?

No, rebooting does not affect the nested folder. I have gone 4 deep before. But since I restored last month I haven't bothered with that. You can only put one folder in a folder. But you can go deep. Not sure how far. The problem is making changes. It's a lot of work. So be sure you get it how you want it the first time. To add another app, you have to start all over.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with their screen after the update? In tweetbot and sometimes notification center the contrast of the screen becomes low and the colors become washed. Its not something I can screenshot so I hope it not a hardware issue as this will be the 4th time I get my phone taken in to the apple store for a screen issue

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with their screen after the update? In tweetbot and sometimes notification center the contrast of the screen becomes low and the colors become washed. Its not something I can screenshot so I hope it not a hardware issue as this will be the 4th time I get my phone taken in to the apple store for a screen issue

No issue like that here.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Why do some applications not rotate after installing version 8.2? One example is an application called TIMER. Used to rotate before updating.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why do some applications not rotate after installing version 8.2? One example is an application called TIMER. Used to rotate before updating.

I don't know. Did you try rebooting your device or checking to make sure the rotation lock was enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox