iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the charger port issue happen with my Samsung Galaxy S4 where it just completely stopped working. My only two smart phones had been the S2 and S4 but my phone company wanted about $200 to fix it and I told them where they could take that offer. I was paranoid about my new phone having the same charger port issue so I decided not to risk getting another Samsung and instead got an iPhone 5c. This was in august of last year. It took me forever to get used to the differences between Samsung and Apple. I hated the battery life- I was only getting 4 or 5 hours of on screen time as opposed to the 8-9 hours I would get on my Samsung device. I also hated how small the phone was. I am a female but I have ginormous hands and fingers. For example my ring size is a size 9. Yeah. Big lol. I was actually getting cramps from how small the 5c was. My hands hurt so bad. Then the six plus got announced and I was so excited but I had another 5 months to go on my contract. The 5c was making me hate apple I swear lol. But then I fell in love with the other aspects that came with having an apple phone. Two examples of this.

1: customer care. I was once charged twice for an app. When I brought this to their attention they told me I was charged twice for it because the first payment was making sure there was money in my account and the first payment would be reimbursed to me. I was shocked a few days later when they hadn't heard back from me that they actually followed up and sent me another email asking me if my issue had been sorted out.

2: updates. Updates on android were a nightmare. An update might have come out for the device in America months ago but here I was in Australia and the update would still not have been released in Australia or would have been released to some telephone providers but not mine. With apple I love that no matter if you're in America, Australia or Timbuktu if the update is available it's available. I get the update at the exact same time as my fiance and best friend in America. This was a HUGE selling point to get me stay with apple.

Don't get my wrong. I did a LOT of research before settling on my phone. I was all set on getting the six plus but then the whole "bendgate" thing happened and it gave me a good scare. I looked at everything from the Z3 to Note4 to OnePlusOne. But the customer care and updates system of iPhone kept on being a MAJOR draw card.

There had been a lot of reports in the media on how huge the iPhone six plus was and this scared me too so although I had pretty much decided I was going to get it I wasn't sure of the size of it. My best friend knowing the size of my hands told me it would be the perfect phone for me but I went into my local store to test it out. I almost laughed when I saw the size of it. I think the reason why so much comment was made on the size was because how huge it is in comparison to other iPhone phones. But I can easily use the six plus one handed. I ended up getting it about a week later.

I had an interesting experience a couple of weeks after getting my phone. My phone needed a factory reset and because my internet was down for a few weeks it was like my six plus was a pretty paperweight lol. I had to go back to using my 5c while I waited to be able to factory reset my phone. When I was using it I was like "how the hell did I use this thing for so long?" lol. Back to the unbearable hand cramps and minumal battery life lol.

I hope that Apple stick with their big phones. If they bring out a seven plus next year I will more than likely stick with apple. Especially after being stalked and harrassed by Samsung customer support on Twitter. But that is a story for another day lol

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well this sucks. Apple blocked APP access in 8.3. In other words, if you used a program like iExplorer to manually backup data on your phone (game saves, etc), it is now blocked. I used this feature heavily when I restored my phone so I could get in save/restore my game saves. Basically, SSH access is gone.

Looks like the only way to get around it is going to be jailbreaking, which I don't care for.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The new emoji would be cool if they weren't limited those with iPhones on 8.3. I'm one of the few iPhone users in my text circle. And all they are seeing are aliens or crowns. I've gotten my wife to update but everyone else is on Android. So until other platforms update their system the new emojis aren't that great of an addition.

That's Apple's fault how?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well this sucks. Apple blocked APP access in 8.3. In other words, if you used a program like iExplorer to manually backup data on your phone (game saves, etc), it is now blocked. I used this feature heavily when I restored my phone so I could get in save/restore my game saves. Basically, SSH access is gone.

Looks like the only way to get around it is going to be jailbreaking, which I don't care for.

That does suck

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

But iTunes backups should take care of this.

I once did a full restore of my iPhone and of course I made an iTunes backup before I did that. After the subsequent full iOS re-installation, iTunes proceeded to restore my data. After which I was pleasantly surprised to find that every single app I had before was re-installed along with all of the data as well. My OTP Auth app and data was restored, my Battle.net Authenticator app was restored along with its data, and a lot of my other apps and app data was restored with no issues using just an iTunes backup. Completely seamless, it just works.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

App developers always have the option of saving data, including game progress, to the cloud for syncing between devices.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
But iTunes backups should take care of this.

I once did a full restore of my iPhone and of course I made an iTunes backup before I did that. After the subsequent full iOS re-installation, iTunes proceeded to restore my data. After which I was pleasantly surprised to find that every single app I had before was re-installed along with all of the data as well. My OTP Auth app and data was restored, my Battle.net Authenticator app was restored along with its data, and a lot of my other apps and app data was restored with no issues using just an iTunes backup. Completely seamless, it just works.

That's the issue. I don't want iTunes to restore anything. I want to start all the way from scratch. For example, Rovio only has some of their games synced with their rovio accounts. None of the Angry Birds Star Wars games do. Game Center doesn't sync either. I'd have to start all my progress from zero. Not all games use that cloud save feature.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you could please direct me to the area in my post where I blamed Apple for anything? That would be much appreciated. Calm down...nobody is slamming your company...

Your post complained that you could not use the new emojis when communicating with you android buddies. Never said you slammed anyone. But someone had to add the new emojis first. Apple is not "my company", but it is the company that makes my computers and mobile devices. Now it's your turn to "calm down".

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Your post complained that you could not use the new emojis when communicating with you android buddies. Never said you slammed anyone. But someone had to add the new emojis first. Apple is not "my company", but it is the company that makes my computers and mobile devices. Now it's your turn to "calm down".

Exactly. I made a complaint. Simple and plain. I didn't blame Apple for anything. I said the addition of the new emojis wasn't as cool since I can't use them as frequently. Not sure why your input and defense of Apple was needed.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
seems ok on my ipad 3 and my iphone 4s. OTA in uk this morning, doesn't do anything of any interest, works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh