Can I get the Audible app on iOS 6.1.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcane247

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Need Audible app on iOS 6.1.6

Good morning!

I really like the Audible app and prefer using it to the stock Apple apps for listening to audio books on my iPod 4g. With this in mind, the Audible app on the App Store is only compatible with iOS versions 7 and up, and therefore I cannot use it since the iPod 4g is not compatible with iOS 7 or 8.

Is there a way I can get an older version of Audible (one compatible with iOS 6.1.6) installed on my iPod 4g? I figure that I first have to jailbreak it, but then, after that, I'll need to somehow find the app and "sideload" it.

Figuring out how to jailbreak the device is the easy part, but, once I do that, how do I get Audible on it?

Thank you for your help! :yes:

arcane247

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need Audible app on iOS 6.1.6

Unfortunately, this appears to work only if you had previously "purchased" (or downloaded) the app for that device. If you have not downloaded it before, you get an error stating, "The app . . . was not installed on the iPod . . . because it requires a newer version of iPod software." Bummer.

I think the .ipa file I need is "Audible 2.0.5.ipa" If I can find this file somewhere, I can see if I can get iTunes to take it. Anybody know of where I can find this, or any newer files that will work with iOS 6?

arcane247

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Update... I found an .ipa for Audible 1.6.1, but iTunes refuses to install it onto my iPod, saying continuously that the app is not authorized for the computer no matter what I do. I guess apps are tied to specific users when they download them from the store, and if you're not that user or they have no record of you downloading the app in that version, you cannot use it.

Annoying.

So, how do I sideload this thing?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Update... I found an .ipa for Audible 1.6.1, but iTunes refuses to install it onto my iPod, saying continuously that the app is not authorized for the computer no matter what I do. I guess apps are tied to specific users when they download them from the store, and if you're not that user or they have no record of you downloading the app in that version, you cannot use it.

Annoying.

So, how do I sideload this thing?

Apps and any iTunes purchases are always tied to the account that they were purchased. You can see this yourself by right clicking on an app in iTunes and then selecting the get info tab. You will see your iTunes ID and the date the app was purchased by you. This prevents someone from buying an app and then sharing it all over the internet.

Installing apps not purchased by you is considered piracy so no one here can help with that.

I'm surprised that the mods didn't delete the above post.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Since some clowns here have their panties in a bunch about a free application,

Another method you could do, possibly, depending on wether or not audible offers a compatible version, is download the audible app using the App Store on an OSX computer, or iTunes on a windows computer. Once the app is tied to your account, when you open up your App Store on your iOS device and choose the audible app, it will be a download icon instead of a get icon.
Then, again possibly, depending on wether or not audible still offers the older version you could install it on your device.

And again to YOU PEOPLE who clearly have no idea of what piracy actually is, have a drink and relax.

AAAAAAAAND the post was up for two weeks before it got reported and taken down because this particular corner of this forum is seriously lacking in jailbreak knowledgeable moderation.

AAAAAAAAAAAND appsync is not for piracy, and piracy is bad.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Since some clowns here have their panties in a bunch about a free application,

Another method you could do, possibly, depending on wether or not audible offers a compatible version, is download the audible app using the App Store on an OSX computer, or iTunes on a windows computer. Once the app is tied to your account, when you open up your App Store on your iOS device and choose the audible app, it will be a download icon instead of a get icon.
Then, again possibly, depending on wether or not audible still offers the older version you could install it on your device.

And again to YOU PEOPLE who clearly have no idea of what piracy actually is, have a drink and relax.

AAAAAAAAND the post was up for two weeks before it got reported and taken down because this particular corner of this forum is seriously lacking in jailbreak knowledgeable moderation.

AAAAAAAAAAAND appsync is not for piracy, and piracy is bad.

Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with this forums TOS and iTunes TOS and then come back here and post what you posted again.

The mods have no choice but to remove such posts because again, it is against Mobile Nations TOS to allow it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with this forums TOS and iTunes TOS and then come back here and post what you posted again.

The mods have no choice but to remove such posts because again, it is against Mobile Nations TOS to allow it.

Again, have a drink and relax, and then please educate me on how I violated the TOS.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

He said

"I really like the Audible app and prefer using it to the stock Apple apps for listening to audio books on my iPod 4g."

So he obviously has used the app before, so he legally "owns" and "has purchased" the app from the App Store before.

Who knows why he has lost access to something that he "legally owns" and has "legally acquired" through / from apple.
Maybe his computer fried and he doesn't have his iTunes library. Maybe his iPod died and he bought a used one to replace it. Maybe he lost access to the account that the purchase was previously made on for whatever reason, maybe he still has access, and still has the same computer, and still has the same device and the audible app version has simply been removed from existence because they chose not to support an outdated version.

(personal experience? I have purchased and own jelly car3. I cannot install it on any of my devices as it is "no longer available." These things happen.)

Anyways, he owns audible. He has the right to use audible. Ifunbox is acceptable to use on the forum, appsync unified is currently maintained by one of the most respected developers in the jailbreak community and is specifically described as "not for piracy," side loading apps is acceptable?

I still fail to see what the problem is.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I still fail to see what the problem is.
From Bing:
AppSync Lets You Install Cracked AppStore Applications To ...
jaxov.com/appsync
AppSync allows users to sync and install cracked AppStore applicatiions to your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and it has recently been updated for the iOS 5 firmware
Cracked apps = piracy

From iMore's rules...
We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the iMore forums.

You're free to pirate... but you're not getting any help for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh