Since I jailbroke my iPhone, why am I not able to connect to the internet but I have a wireless connection?

swmy

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
After Jailbreak, connects to wireless but no internet

Hi folks,

iPhone 4, 7.1.2, applied Pangu jailbreak successfully.

But now, though the phone still connects to wireless networks, it can't reach the internet.

Any thoughts? I tried: reset network settings, reset all settings, no dice.

Tried Restore Phone from iTunes (on Windows 8.1), says I have to turn off "find my iPhone". But I can't turn it off, because I can't connect to the internet! (cellular is off right now...)

Tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything...

swmy

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: After Jailbreak, connects to wireless but no internet

Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems I can do nothing right now, because the phone can't connect to the internet. To restore the phone from i-Tunes, I need to turn off "find my iPhone". To turn that off, I need to enter the iTunes password. Because the phone can't connect to the internet, it can't verify the password. So I can't restore the phone.

I can't remote-erase the phone because iCloud can't find it--because it isn't connecting!

This is someone's hand-me-down, not currently signed up with a carrier. So I can't connect via cellular. I was planning to get an account with ting, but wanted to jailbreak first, and experiment. Now we are stuck! It was working fine before the jailbreak.

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE:

I was able to place the phone in rescue mode (hold power and home buttons down for 10 sec, then release power and hold home down for an addl. 15 sec.). Then I restored the phone to new condition. Then I jailbroke it with Pangu; now all is working right.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner