How can I find an undiscovered apps on my wife's iPhone?

dennisperry

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
My wife's iPhone has an undiscoverable app need help finding it

Looked everywhere. She can hit home button to close it out. Pinch to close it. She can be on a group icon and close it like she was never on it. It scroll up and down to find her apps and it has to be a gesture to open it. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? Please help. I don't want to restore it I want to find what she's doing with it. She uses and I always catch her clicking out right before I get to see.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: My wife's iPhone has an undiscoverable app need help finding it

never heard of such a thing... I'd consider restoring the iOS and setting up from scratch.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Looked everywhere. She can hit home button to close it out. Pinch to close it. She can be on a group icon and close it like she was never on it. It scroll up and down to find her apps and it has to be a gesture to open it. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? Please help. I don't want to restore it I want to find what she's doing with it. She uses and I always catch her clicking out right before I get to see.

Ok so some clarification please?

She is using an app, but when she closes the app it is not showing up in the app switcher?
Like for example, she is using Facebook, you can see her reading over her feed, then she closes the app, and it is not in the app switcher, nor is it on the home screen?

Do you know the name of the app that is being hidden?
Or is it an unknown app to you?

Is this device definitely jailbroken?
Have you looked in cydia under the tweaks list for some kind of tweak that hides app, or protects apps?

If you know the name of the app, you can open it from safari no matter what tweak is being used. You can also reboot the phone into no substrate mode and "eliminate" the tweak completely.
Power down phone, then restart while holding the volume up button until phone is fully booted.
At that point tweaks are not enabled, and the app switcher should show the real last used apps. Also the app will not be hidden from the springboard.

And finally is this a trust issue, or is your wife concerned about this issue as well, not that I really care, (as I've already explained the ways around this)
I'm just curious!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Probably has a jailbreak tweak that lets her hide app icons and is using Activator since she's opening and closing the thing with gestures.

Have you tried to, you know, ask her?

dennisperry

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

It not jail broken I'm thinking its a spy app that can be hidden. It wasn't till every time I pick her phone up she wants to know what I'm looking at like im gonna find it and then everytime I walk up she clicks out and no you can't see it like you can facebookor any othe reg. app

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

It's probably one of those apps that can hide texts or pics. Only way to find out I believe is the iTunes app purchase list b

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

An iPhone most likely would have to be jailbroken to install a "spy" app.

Like I said, just ask because there's nothing more we can tell you here. It all sounds fishy to me.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

If it's not jailbroken, then it's not doing what you are saying its doing?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

It not jail broken I'm thinking its a spy app that can be hidden. It wasn't till every time I pick her phone up she wants to know what I'm looking at like im gonna find it and then everytime I walk up she clicks out and no you can't see it like you can facebookor any othe reg. app

Why are you picking up her phone?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

He/she is picking up the phone, can't ask the wife about the app/activities. It sounds to me like someone is trying to catch someone else in a lie/cheating kinda situation. In all honesty if you've tried and you can't find what you're looking for then there are two options. Either confront her about it plain and simple or just let it go until it all comes into the light.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Do like me and don't allow your wife to use a smartphone!

Sent from my  6+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner