8.2 messed up TV shows sorting on my iPhone

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My tv shows suddenly got sorted randomly with series mixed into the same show with no heading title. It's like being sorted into PG ratings and year and not by show

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Reboot your iPhone and then see if the shows are still sorted randomly. Also check the "TV Shows" option in the Restriction Settings.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Did a soft and hard reboot but it's still the same. TV shows are at default in the settings app. It was ok prior to updating the phone. But immediately after the update, i opened the videos app and it was wonky

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem a couple of years ago after updating my iOS. I'm presuming these are tv shows that you've created and added to iTunes rather than ones you've downloaded from iTunes? Either way it might be the same...

I worked out that it was related to the way these shows had their info added within iTunes. Find the show within iTunes and do get info and make sure the details are filled out for the show name and episode number. Ages ago after an update loads of my shows were out of sort order and nothing had changed and they were fine before. I just went into iTunes and filled in some of the other empty fields for each one and then copied them back over and they were all fixed. I think the updates make minor changes to sort orders and if fields that were previously not needed but are now dependant on the iOS are missing it lost all form of order. Try doing that in iTunes and I can't tell you exactly what field you need to compete as I don't know what you have etc but you know how to just complete the major fields and then delete from your iOS devices and then resync or copy over and it should fix it.

Apple did something similar a while back where some of my album art stopped working after an iOS update and I couldn't understand why then I changed the image size of the albums that had the issues from 500x500 which is what they were to 600x600 and it worked! I spotted that their album art within iTunes was 600 so that's what made me try changing my own images and it worked and that happened due to I presume tweaks in the new iOS they had released.

Jeff Kraschinski

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I was ok with 8.2 but 8.3 broke my listings...

IOS 8.3 appears to use the DIRECTOR settings for grouping purposes as the show title on the device, and not the SHOW name under grouping itself.

TheChintanRaval

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks much man. Adding the TV Show name to the Director field in the Sorting section has sorted this issue on 8.3. All I did was selective multiple > right click 'Get Info' > Sorting > copy pasted the Show value to Director field > Synced the iOS device again.

ZooeyBee

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much.
I just experienced the same problem and your solution made all the difference.
I have a dream of technology being so much easier than this....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner