iOS 8.2 released

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think I might just do it then for my mini. I'm on 8.1.3 as well and it runs smooth with no issues at all. My only issues is I have only about 5 GB of space left on the mini (of the +/- 16GB it came with).. Would this suffice? Anyone know what the total space of 8.2 is?

That's more than enough. I'd say you need 500mb at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
How is your memory on your mini after you updated? I have the original mini and don't know how this iOS update will play with my mini..

I have the original mini too and it's exactly the same as all the previous 8.x releases in terms of speed and performance. By this I mean useless! My mini really struggles with iOS 8 and it's made worse by my 6 being rapid fast. I lose patience with my mini just waiting for it to respond or load/switch apps.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My cousin checked his Facebook after I mentioned how it caches a lot. It was 1 gb. He deleted then reinstalled it. That made him happy to gain about 900 mb of storage.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Haha I know it's shocking! I only have a 16GB mini so space is a big issue for me and Facebook caching nearly a GB of data! That's over 6% of my entire storage space in one app on data I don't even need anyways!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Haha I know it's shocking! I only have a 16GB mini so space is a big issue for me and Facebook caching nearly a GB of data! That's over 6% of my entire storage space in one app on data I don't even need anyways!

This is the last time I'll get a 16gb device, ever haha. I'm not sure why but I always feel like if I use all my device's storage it will slow down. So I always keep at least 4gb free. Weird, I know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the last time I'll get a 16gb device, ever haha. I'm not sure why but I always feel like if I use all my device's storage it will slow down. So I always keep at least 4gb free. Weird, I know.

That's true to some degree. But mostly with older phones. A 4s on iOS 8 would need to keep about 20% of storage available so as not to constrain the system. Not so with a new iP 6/6 Plus.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I updated my 5S and Air the same day 8.2 was released. So far I'm please with its performance - to me everything is as stable as it was on 8.1.3. The ONE thing I'm completely THRILLED ABOUT is Reminders !! Finally, if I have more than one reminder showing on my lock screen and I want to address each one separately (ie. Complete one and snooze another) I can do so without them all disappearing after addressing just one reminder.

Minor bug fix, but a big deal to me as I use the Reminders on a daily basis for at least 7-10 items per day 😊

Thank you Apple 🎉👍🎈 lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 5S and Air the same day 8.2 was released. So far I'm please with its performance - to me everything is as stable as it was on 8.1.3. The ONE thing I'm completely THRILLED ABOUT is Reminders !! Finally, if I have more than one reminder showing on my lock screen and I want to address each one separately (ie. Complete one and snooze another) I can do so without them all disappearing after addressing just one reminder.

Minor bug fix, but a big deal to me as I use the Reminders on a daily basis for at least 7-10 items per day

Thank you Apple lol
YAY!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426347467.339869.jpg

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally updated last night. Seems a bit snappier when opening apps on my Mini 3. Battery seems to be dying a little faster but I've always had that happen initially after an update. Once I let it die and recharge it'll show it's true potential.

I think I'll update my iPhone 5c, if there are good performance enhancements, that'll be more obvious with that device than my 6.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated my original iPad mini the other night and it seems to work as awesome as before..I even gained storage! I updated through iTunes and before the update I had 4.9 GB of free space and after the update I have 5.7 gb of free space..so far everything is working great!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the original mini too and it's exactly the same as all the previous 8.x releases in terms of speed and performance. By this I mean useless! My mini really struggles with iOS 8 and it's made worse by my 6 being rapid fast. I lose patience with my mini just waiting for it to respond or load/switch apps.

I don't seem to have that problem with my mini. Doesn't seem to be sluggish at all.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
A new feature for me was that when creating a new appointment in stock calendar and when you input a location for it, now it suggests locations as you type. Before the update it remained blank for me.
And have to admit I'm impressed as it found a local dentist nearby where I have the appointment:))

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Minor bug fix, but a big deal to me as I use the Reminders on a daily basis for at least 7-10 items per day ��

Thank you Apple ������ lol

Oh yes!!! Thanks for taking me know!!! :kiss:

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I should have asked this a long time ago, but since iOS 8 came out, closing background apps is sometimes funky. If I swipe to close an app, the icons will shift to the wrong screenshot. Anyone else have this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I should have asked this a long time ago, but since iOS 8 came out, closing background apps is sometimes funky. If I swipe to close an app, the icons will shift to the wrong screenshot. Anyone else have this problem?

No, never!...;)

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Updated this morning via iTunes. On AT&T and no sim message like others have gotten. All is well so far.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Again i faced same problem of blue screen after few days, while using safari my iphone 6 restarted with blue screen, dont know whats the problem with this ios 8.2, my iphone 6 was working fine on ios 8.1.3, in ios 8.1.3 it was just wifi and flickering of screen problem but after updating to ios 8.2 those problem were solved but now iphone 6 restarts with blue screen, this restart problem happened 2 times on 11 march 2015 while using facebook, and today again i faced it one time while using safari, anybody facing this restart problem?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods