iOS 8.2 released

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you suffering any issues on Safari as some users reported? :eek:

Are you asking this in general or are you responding to a specific person or post? If the former then no, I'm not having any problems with Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.2.

JJSmith56

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Are you asking this in general or are you responding to a specific person or post? If the former then no, I'm not having any problems with Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.2.

Some users are occasionally having problems opening a URL from a third-party app in Safari using the “Open in Safari” option in the Share sheet. It launches Safari, but the url doesn’t seem to be getting passed to it, and results in it loading a blank page. If they load the same URL in Safari then it seems to load fine.

I dont know if I am allow to post a weblink to other webpage, or if it is forbidded (maybe is considered as SPAM in this forum?) :p

As Moderator, can you let me know, please?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some users are occasionally having problems opening a URL from a third-party app in Safari using the ?Open in Safari? option in the Share sheet. It launches Safari, but the url doesn?t seem to be getting passed to it, and results in it loading a blank page. If they load the same URL in Safari then it seems to load fine.

I dont know if I am allow to post a weblink to other webpage, or if it is forbidded (maybe is considered as SPAM in this forum?) :p

Thanks!

Safari loads everything fine for me, no issues so far on my 5S

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes even links from 3rd party apps open fine in safari for me

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Yep. Same here, and I just tested it via the Tapatalk app so I assume it is limited to certain apps.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some users are occasionally having problems opening a URL from a third-party app in Safari using the ?Open in Safari? option in the Share sheet. It launches Safari, but the url doesn?t seem to be getting passed to it, and results in it loading a blank page. If they load the same URL in Safari then it seems to load fine.

Thanks!

There's no need to post a link. I used a link from the iMore Forums via the Tapatalk app's share feature and it opened up without a problem when I chose Safari from the aforementioned share option.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Some users are occasionally having problems opening a URL from a third-party app in Safari using the “Open in Safari” option in the Share sheet.
It's likely the app more than iOS... I've got a couple apps the share sheet opening a link in Safari has been an issue since 8.0 for me.

JJSmith56

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
There's no need to post a link. I used a link from the iMore Forums via the Tapatalk app's share feature and it opened up without a problem when I chose Safari from the aforementioned share option.

But may I post a weblink to other webpage, or it is forbidden in this forum?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But may I post a weblink to other webpage, or it is forbidden in this forum?

Sure, as long as it doesn't violate the Community Rules & Guidelines, but being that you appear to want to post a link very badly, I recommend you read the aforementioned rules & Guideline first. Steps will be taken if the link you post is viewed as SPAM or advertising. Okay?

JJSmith56

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Sure, as long as it doesn't violate the Community Rules & Guidelines, but being that you appear to want to post a link very badly, I recommend you read the aforementioned rules & Guideline first. Steps will be taken if the link you post is viewed as SPAM or advertising. Okay?

Cool, no problem :yes:

May you send me the post link of the "Community Rules & Guidelines", please? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance dude! ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I should have been clearer. This isn't ONLY about the increased size of iCloud backups it's about the size in general. For example the Google Search app which I have history turned off for often gets to 700MB in App Data where it's caching search results and image data. There's no way of deleting this without manually deleting the app and reinstalling.

I just want the ability to delete app data via the iOS. Some apps give you the ability to delete app cache but not all and certainly not easily or via the iOS.

It's crazy you can have a 15MB app that has accrued nearly a Gigabyte of temporary history data!

My cousin checked his Facebook after I mentioned how it caches a lot. It was 1 gb. He deleted then reinstalled it. That made him happy to gain about 900 mb of storage.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

That's happened to me several times. But not on 8.2. It did on 8.1.3. I just tapped the end of the search bar and the URL appeared.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded both my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air 2. The update killed all audio on my iPad. The speaker does nothing except an intermittent and random BZZT. With headphones, sound is incredibly distorted and totally unusable.

I had heard that custom ringtones had caused some issues on previous iOS updates, so I started playing around with it. I was able to solve my issues by doing a hard reset, then connect it to my rMBP and remove all ringtones via iTunes. Then another hard reboot. Sound came back. Re-synced my ringtones (all custom made that I've been using on all my devices since iPhone 3GS), and all is good again. It was a major annoyance, but fairly easy to resolve.

I noticed after the upgrade I lost all my ring tones again. Like you said pita to get everything back.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It's working as well as 8.1.3 for me. Made nothing better, made nothing worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I might just do it then for my mini. I'm on 8.1.3 as well and it runs smooth with no issues at all. My only issues is I have only about 5 GB of space left on the mini (of the +/- 16GB it came with).. Would this suffice? Anyone know what the total space of 8.2 is?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I might just do it then for my mini. I'm on 8.1.3 as well and it runs smooth with no issues at all. My only issues is I have only about 5 GB of space left on the mini (of the +/- 16GB it came with).. Would this suffice? Anyone know what the total space of 8.2 is?

When I did my mothers mini upgrade for her ota, for some reason I think I recall this update being about 338mb. Not 100% sure though.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

My experience with OTA updates is that it only uses a few extra MB's for iOS. But since it clears cache from apps, you will end up with more free space then before the update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice