iOS 8.2 released

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Y'all know the drill...

Discuss issues, observations etc. here..

There's an update also out for the AppleTV too...

iOS 8.2 release notes:

Health App improvements

-Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
-Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
-Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
-Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
-Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
-Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
-Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
-Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed

Stability Enhancements

-Increases stability of Mail
-Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
-Improves stability of Music
-Improves VoiceOver reliability
-Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug Fixes

-Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
-Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
-Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
-Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
-Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
-Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
-Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
-Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
-Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
-Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
-Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
-Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not for me on iTunes...
Edit: forgot to update iTunes to 12.1.1

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not for me on iTunes...
Edit: forgot to update iTunes to 12.1.1

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's available OTA and via ATV. I assume they are preparing the iTunes update right now being that it is currently unavailable..

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's available OTA and via ATV. I assume they are preparing the iTunes update right now being that it is currently unavailable..

I'm downloading it now but from a direct download link

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
did my standard... Update apps, close all multi task apps, backup device, reset network settings, install update...

The install update part is happening now :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope there's good bug fixes, because I have no interest in the Watch. And 331 mb?

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dang I can't do it yet. I'm at work and we can't use wifi here.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the ipsw file and installed, took about 12 min to install (about 4 min to download). Installed fine, no errors. Phone does seem faster, but could just be me. Icon for Apple Watch installed, but since I don't wear a watch, not looking to get one. Not updating iPad Air 2 until next week, will do that OTA, since it has no bugs IMHO will leave it alone for a while and let the masses update 1st.

Not sure of anything to test, seems fine all around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the ipsw file and installed, took about 12 min to install (about 4 min to download). Installed fine, no errors. Phone does seem faster, but could just be me. Icon for Apple Watch installed, but since I don't wear a watch, not looking to get one. Not updating iPad Air 2 until next week, will do that OTA, since it has no bugs IMHO will leave it alone for a while and let the masses update 1st.

Not sure of anything to test, seems fine all around.

I have noticed any speed differences, but the overall experience is stable thus far.

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Did 8.2 on iPhone 6+. Not long after it restarted I was using the phone and a sudden message took the whole screen. Said something about sim card sent a message.

Anyone else see that? Looked in text messages, nothing there and recent task list didn't show any app running. Just feels very odd.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did 8.2 on iPhone 6+. Not long after it restarted I was using the phone and a sudden message took the whole screen. Said something about sim card sent a message.

Anyone else see that? Looked in text messages, nothing there and recent task list didn't show any app running. Just feels very odd.

I have been getting the sim card sent a text message popup ever since 8.1.3 launched and I did a restore.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally they added the option of fitness tracking
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425932156.333001.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No problems on my end. Do a clean install via iTunes and see if things improve.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal