I have been dropping Wi-Fi connections at home with my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.3.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifi drops on 5S

Mine has dropping at home also...5s on iOS 8.1.3

It's possible you have a bad iOS installation. If you have the time, locate the ipsw file on your computer and then delete it. Afterwards, do an iTunes restore and see if that helps.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifi drops on 5S

It's possible you have a bad iOS installation. If you have the time, locate the ipsw file on your computer and then delete it. Afterwards, do an iTunes restore and see if that helps.

Will try...happening on both my daughter's 5s's also.

Thanks D!

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been dropping Wi-Fi connections at home with my iPhone 5 running iOS 8...

Change wifi channel on router. What country you are? UK most best channel is 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. If you have set band 5Ghz change channel to 48. Most default is for 5Ghz.
What router you have. I have worst expierence with router what ever I had is Netgear. All Netgear routers has same problem. Lost DNS. Only helps to restart router. I have Asus RT-AC68 and no problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have been dropping Wi-Fi connections at home with my iPhone 5 running iOS 8...

Change wifi channel on router. What country you are? UK most best channel is 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. If you have set band 5Ghz change channel to 48. Most default is for 5Ghz.
What router you have. I have worst expierence with router what ever I had is Netgear. All Netgear routers has same problem. Lost DNS. Only helps to restart router. I have Asus RT-AC68 and no problems with it.
Good ideas... Might also consider finding an app for computer that will scan/analyze wifi networks... See what channels people around you are using... And set yours for other, hopefully unused channels in close proximity.

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been dropping Wi-Fi connections at home with my iPhone 5 running iOS 8...

My router supports AC standard and I have setup channel 80 (if I remember) for 5Ghz band. I setup once router when I bough it and I didn't touch anymore. Its just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711